Prologue

There is a war coming. A war where the losing side will be wiped from existence. Both sides are equally matched with weapons and skill but one side has something the other doesn't; immortality.

This war that rages is not between neighboring countries with conflict of interest, but between humans and the immortals better known as vampires.

For thousands of years vampires have lived amongst us without a human soul aware of their existence. They fought in our wars and lived in our towns, keeping their presence hidden until one day they decided to show their faces. They announced to the world on international television that they weren't just storybook creatures of the night but are were actual beings that wished to be known for the first time in history.

Countries all over the world took the news differently. America, along with Canada and parts of Europe, embraced them as equals believing that the TV shows and books written about vampires were all true. Unfortunately the vampires that we face are not the broody and melancholy vampires that we all came to love on our screens, but something darker. The vampires of today are more heartless than you can ever imagine with the only thing driving them being hunger. Hunger for human blood.

When they decided to reveal themselves they explained that the reason was that they were tired of living in the shadows and wanted to coexist with the humans but not all humans were as quick to believe them as others.

Smaller countries among Europe and Britain ran the vampires out and killed all those they could as they slept. Russia then followed suit by enforcing a law that no vampire may be on the streets at night for any reason and that they could only socialize with other vampires.

America then took it upon themselves to welcome all those undead with open arms, which caused an influx of migrating vampires from all over the world. Before too long, America had the highest vampire to human ratio the world had ever seen with one vampire to every four humans and slowly bodies with teeth marks and no blood started surfacing. Over the next few years this ratio grew to one human to every three vampires with humans mysteriously dying quicker than they could repopulate. Soon America was overrun and every human almost wiped out.

The United Nations then decided to step in and turn America and Canada into Zone Zero, a vampire only place where the only humans allowed are military enforcing martial law. They then divided the rest of the world into 5 zones and nominated a capital for each where sections on the UN would be stationed.

All forms of government were over thrown and the UN took their place. They ran each zone meticulously and the world seemed to get better. For decades the zones were upheld with vampires feeding on a synthetic blood; a new era had begun.

But almost overnight they managed to escape zone zero and move in on the neighboring zone five draining every living person they could get their hands on.

After news of their development the next closet zones, one and four, began to evacuate to Zone two; formally known as Russia. Zone three stood untouched as the largest island that lay there was Australia and people sought refuge in the fact that they were completely surrounded by water, but it didn't take long until the vampires destroyed that zone as well.

Before too long Zone Two was the only zone left and as the growing population of vampires moved in, they built a wall to surround a large majority of Russia and keep the threat at bay. 10 meter high concrete walls were constructed as quickly as possible with another equally high silver chain link fence built a few meters either side of the wall to trap any vampires that dared enter.

All that's left of the human race lies within Zone Two while Zone Zero has now stretched across the rest of the world.

Everyone with a thought in their mind knows that one day the vampires will attack once more and try to extinguish what is left of mankind, but we carry on anyway.

Our scientists are constantly developing new weapons while our soldiers work on new and different strategies to defend the people. We will not go down without a fight but instead wait for them to make the first move.

If all we have is time, then we can repopulate and strengthen our numbers until we are once again a force to be reckoned with.

We will prove that humans are the stronger race once and for all.