Chapter 17

We sit down and soak up the silence for a few moments as Alex plays with yet another glass of scotch, swirling it around.

I go ahead and pour myself another and drink it down in a single gulp and avert my eyes toward him. He doesn't even look up from his drink.

Is he giving me the cold shoulder?
This man is infuriating!

"Why do you do that?" I blurt out before fully thinking of a follow up to his obvious response.

He stops playing with his scotch and beams my way with an icy glare.

"Do what?"

"Shut me out if I say the wrong thing. You have to be the moodiest person in the world!" I make it fully clear that I object to the cold shoulder that he is giving me. This punishment is undeserving and since alcohol is fueling most of my decisions tonight, I make damn sure that he knows it.

He stays completely motionless and watches me intently. He is the hawk and I am the field mouse. It's time for this mouse to make its last stand while there is still a chance.

"Do you even realize that you do it or do you do it to torment me?"

I wait for a reply but I am met with only silence.

I stand and begin to pace like an angry parent yelling at their child. I feel foolish but it is the only way to get across my point.

"What the hell is your deal? Do you want me to fear you or like you?"

Again no reply so I continue on.

"What do you want from me?" I stand tall, awaiting his response and choose not to speak until he says the truth. I deserve to know what he wants.

Slowly he pushes himself up from the couch and makes his way over to me closing the gap with every step he takes so that mere inches are left separating us.

I breathe deeply and wait for another fight to begin and hope he doesn't throw me in the shower again.

"You want to know what it is that I want?" He speaks softly almost as a whisper. If he were standing any further away from me I probably would not have heard him at all.

I gulp down another breath and straighten ny spine hoping to look taller and more confident. Although its practically useless as he is almost a foot taller than me.

"Yes. I want to know." I reply in his same soft manner that he gave me and dare not redirect my gaze for a second.

We stand silent for a moment and I can hear his breath growing stronger as he suddenly places his right hand against my cheek. Without thinking I bring my own hand to my face and let it rest on his before witnessing a glimmer of smile turn his lips up at the corners.

Without hesitation Alex pulls me closer into him and presses his mouth against mine soon parting my lips so that our tongues touch and play together.

His kiss is so passionate and ferocious that I let myself go. I begin to clutch his shirt with my free hand as his left hand finds a spot on my lower back to tug against. We are both pulling each other closer and before I know it I am helping him rip off his shirt before yanking my own jumper over my head.

He steps towards me and pushes me against a wall so that the chill of the plaster on my back sends shivers throughout my entire body.

Now we both stand, still attached at the mouth and caught in a fiery embrace as I feel his hands run down my back and tug at the bottom of my black singlet top that Amelia bought to me. He wants it to come off and for some reason so do I.

I have never felt such passion and yearning before and for some reason, I can't stop myself.

We continue kissing in this form as he moves the hand that caressed my face downward so that it meets with his other on the lower part of my back before they both team up and grasp my butt and thrust my entire body upward so that I am now straddling him in the air as he holds me steady, my back still hard against the wall.

I am so eager that my entire body begins to ache as I feel myself on the verge of losing all control. How does he do this to me? My mind screams at me to stop and says that no good can come of this but every fiber of my body moves me to continue.

I throw my arms around his neck at the same time that he comes up for air and our eyes meet. We are both breathing heavily now and his grip on my thighs tells me that he is feeling the same amount of desire I am right now.

We stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds trying to get control over our breathing and I take in his amazing eyes that are now paler up close, the palest I have ever seen them.

Alex regains his breathing faster than me and takes this chance to begin ravaging my neck kissing me up behind my ear and then down to the nape of my neck as I throw my head back and moan in excitement. But my excitement begins to fade when my head spin returns and sets the room to full movement.

The combined feeling of being suspended on Alex's hips and being breathless crashes around me as I feel a gurgling in my stomach and a buildup of saliva in my mouth. Oh no, I think I am going to be sick. Not now!

Alex stops his gentle kisses as he feels my grip loosen on him and he gently places me back on the ground.

"Are you ok?" He asks with one hand gently stroking my cheek while the other stays guarding my waist.

I try to nod but everything is hazy and my head begins to spin even faster with the movement.

Alex moves to the side of me and gets me to lean forward and begins to stroke my back all in the nick of time because as soon as I see the hardwood floors, I begin to vomit all over them painting them a new colour.

Alex picks me up and carries me up the spiral stairs and gently rests me on the bed before retreating to find me a bucket to hold.

My embarrassment colours my face red as I watch Alex retrieve his phone and dial a number.

"Bring a mop."

It is all he says before turning it off and placing it back securely in his pocket.

I haven't even known Alex for a week and he has already seen me naked, watched me pass out and witnessed me vomit twice. Not getting off to a good start here.

I feel myself drift off when I hear a very loud and shrill squeal come from downstairs.

"What the fuck?" Amelia is obviously on vomit control and with her last exasperated gasp I drift off into the darkness still hugging the small plastic bucket.