Chapter 14

All three of us enter into the foyer of the loft silently.

The lights are already on as we step inside and Amelia rushes into the lounge area and removes a stray black jacket and a red lace bra from being draped across the couch and holds them tightly. Embarrassment stains her face as she makes her way back to the doorway and stands waiting to be excused.

The room is open like an old style loft and is much bigger than the small apartment room that I was last imprisoned in with Alex. There is a large black leather couch taking up quite a lot of space in the center of the room whilst an antique baby grand piano stands elegant and demanding of attention just to the side of it.

My eyes stray and keep looking around and I notice there is a small kitchen bathed in white with a breakfast bar and large glass dining table. There is also a spiral staircase against the back of the room which winds up to the second floor where I can see an entire wall covered in books of all shapes, sizes and colors.

This has to be the most extravagant place I have ever been to and I am completely mesmerized by every inch. So much so, that I haven't even realized that Alex has taken a seat on the black leather couch as he begins to discuss whatever matters are most important to such a vampire.

I quietly stay in my place and listen intently trying not to give it away that I am hearing every word, as my eyes remain fixated on this magnificent palace that stands above a dreary nightclub. Funnily enough, no music can be heard up here. Not even a vibration.

"I don't care what you do when I am away Amelia, nor do I want to know about it. Just follow my rules when I am here and everything should be fine. Ok?" His voice is sterner then usual and I can see Amelia almost quiver at his words.

She is truly afraid of him. But why exactly? I mean, she is a vampire. She is strong and fast and shouldn't be afraid of anything. I, on the other hand, have every right to be afraid; Alex is a vampire and I am just a human. When push comes to shove, I have no chance against him.

"I am sorry Alex and it won't happen again. I wasn't expecting you back so soon. I thought you were done with this place and your brother." She speaks no louder than a mouse and makes sure that her tone is in no way threatening. Alex must truly be a vampire to be reckoned with.

"You should know by now Amelia that I like to surprise people and that I hate predictability."

"I can see that." Amelia glares at me with this remark and makes it known that she does not like me. Who the hell is this woman?

"Get someone to stock the fridge with some food and would you please find Evie some more clothes." Alex stares at me intently as he speaks which causes me to look down at myself and wonder what is wrong with what I am wearing. He is the one that gave me these clothes.

Amelia nods slightly and then ushers herself through the door as quickly as she can. It is obvious that she doesn't want to stay in here any longer than she has to.

I stand motionless and unsure of what to do as Alex leans over the back of the couch gazing at me. I don't know why he is looking at me or even what he wants, which makes me feel uneasy since I should know at least one of those answers.

"I think she likes you." Alex states tauntingly.

I let out a sarcastic laugh and shake my head.

"You think so? Who is she?"

I regret asking the question not knowing where his mood lies right now and I know that if it is not on the playful Alex then I will cop an earful. But if my luck is decent, then he will be in a good mood and I will have at least one question answered. It's like flipping a coin with this man.