Chapter 7

I stand shivering with nothing but chains to cover my dignity. The vampires have stripped me completely naked and left me in a tiny white room that resembles a doctor's office. There is no desk however, and no chairs, only a surgical bed and trolley that is locked tight. I check my surroundings once more, but aside from the door that has been locked from the outside, there is no escape.

I was brought into this room with strict instructions not to move a muscle, so here I stand naked in my own shame wishing that I was someplace other than here. I try not to think back to only minutes ago when I was stripped bare and hosed down like some sort of convict and instead think of my brothers and of home. Logan must be so worried. I hope to God that he is looking for me.

The door creaks open and a beautiful young woman steps inside wearing a white lab coat over a stunning black lace dress. She looks like a model who decided to play dress up as her olive skin shimmers underneath the fluorescent lights.

I let my eyes study her as she reads from a clipboard in her hand. Her hair is chocolate brown as it cascades in loose curls down her back and I notice that it matches her eyes in colour and in ferocity.

"I am Marion and I am will perform your exam today." The words roll off her tongue like silk and I notice her Spanish accent as she speaks.

I don't say anything but instead keep my eyes glued to her. Everything about her is exquisite. From her gold earrings that dangle freely beside her neck down to her manicured toenails that stick out from her black peep toe heels.

"Ok, let's get started." Marion ushers me to the bed and begins the exam with checking for abnormalities on my skin followed by checking for any sexually transmitted diseases or illnesses of any kind. Marion is neither cold nor warm to the idea of me, thus making the whole ordeal a little strange and extremely awkward.

"All done. You can get dressed in the clothes provided there." She points effortlessly to a folded dress underneath the bed and I quickly snatch it up unfolding it in a hurry.

Before I can ask, Marion is unlocking my shackles and helping me into the baggy blue hospital grade dress. As soon as it is on she redoes my restraints and comes close so that we can see eye to eye for the first time of the examination.

She stares at me and suddenly I feel an urge to speak only the truth. This woman is kind and I will obey her in any way possible.

"Now, what is your name?" she asks me showing no sign of emotion and writes down everything as she goes.

"Evette Childs." I answer in the same way.

"Do you have any family?"

"Yes. Two brothers and an uncle."

"What about your parents?"

"Dead."

"How did you're parents die?"

"Vampire attack."

She looks up from her clipboard and waits a moment before looking back down and continuing her interrogation.

She is mind controlling you! I scream internally but I can't stop myself from answering truthfully. I must obey her.

"What do you brothers do?"

"They are both in the military, but one of my brothers has disappeared."

"And your uncle? Is he in the military too?"

"Yes. He is a General."

As if I had given her grand news she stops writing and looks up at me again but this time with a slight smile across her face.