Chapter 19

A/N - A massive thank you to everyone for reading, commenting and voting so far! Zone Zero is now at 100 in Vampire!!! Yay!!! Keep the votes and comments coming. I love reading what you guys think. Xoxo

I play with the hem of my black singlet top as I hear the shower running in the background. We are apparently leaving soon to go god knows where to see god knows who, for god knows what. I almost scoff at the perplexing thought.

I don't understand why Alex is still taking me to where ever if he himself is unsure of it. Why take me at all if he doesn't like the sound of it?

I begin to mull the possibilities over in my head. What if he is taking me to someone that will let me go when he has what he needs? But then again what if I am enslaved or killed by whoever I am to see? What if this is the last night of my existence before I am extinguished from this world forever?

I shake the awful thoughts from my mind and look for some sort of silver lining. If tonight is my last night than maybe I should do something before I am in the ground.

My mind drifts to the scotch from last night but then the taste of vomit fills my memory turning me off that idea.

Almost as if she timed her entrance, Amelia struts in and looks about the room.

I examine her slender frame as it squeezes into a black satin corset that has been done so tight that I'm surprised she can even breathe. Her hair is its usual black self along with her pale skin, but tonight she has a deep red lipstick staining her lips as they protrude in an almost pout like state.

Her stance changes when she doesn't see what she wants and instead finds me.

"Alex?"

"Shower." One word answer for a one word question.

"Tell him I am downstairs if he needs me. Starting to get busy down there so I need to protect my investment."

Last night on earth. The words replay over and over in my mind as an idea springs to life.

"Can I come downstairs with you? Until Alex is ready I mean."

Amelia stares at me curiously for a moment before shrugging her shoulders and letting off the smallest of smiles.

"Sure, why not. Just don't feed the animals." Her smile grows from honest to devilish as I stand and follow her to the elevator.

...

The club is roaring with life as people push and pull each other to get to where they are going. So many people fill the dance floor as they jump and move to each throb of the bass as the DJ plays some heavy sort of trance music.

I follow Amelia to the row of booths that I met her in as I watch each vampire pass me. For some reason, barely any of them are staring this time.

From the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of young picturesque girl as she entices me with her stare. I gaze back at her bewildered at her beauty as she stands easily 6 feet tall and made almost entirely of legs. She shows them off daringly in a red spandex dress that barely covers her bum cheeks. I immediately feel underdressed.

Amelia finds where she would like to sit and slides into the booth and I follow suit all the while the girl in the red dress remains fixated on me.

I look over to her again and take even more of her in. She is moving slowly to the music even though the beat is fast paced and she has not yet taken her eyes off me.

I begin to feel uncomfortable as her piercing eyes watch me intently almost begging me to come to her.

"I think she likes you." Amelia's words distract me from the woman in red as I turn to face her.