Chapter 3

The night they had broken up, Kongphob had left thinking his home would help him stitch back. In his state of shock and disbelief that he and Arthit had broken up and the need to take flight before he found dragging himself to the balcony, or worse, to Arthit's flatlet to beg for forgiveness and to be taken back that he had forgotten his home had been in a worse state. At least, in his relationship, there had been only him. At his home, it had been his entire family devastated from the loss of their patriarch.

His home had not healed him. It had been like thorns in his open wound, refusing to let him stitch back up. It had remained open, repeated gashes, making him bleed, heal and prick open. 

Even if Kongphob had managed to close his wounds, it hadn't meant he had healed. His wounds may no longer be open but he had bled still the same.

Finding his home empty and without a certain grumpy older man, it reminds him how he still bleeds. He is numb.  He just doesn't feel any of it anymore. 

Kongphob sweeps his gaze through the room Arthit had occupied. Everything is where they were last night.

Just no Arthit.

Kongphob sits down on the floor with his head in his hands.

Again.

*

Arthit has to put his hands on his ears to block out Bright's natter. He isn't in the mood to hear how he had been careless and look at his leg and how foolish you had to be? How do you manage to so effectively block your own progress all the time? Huh?

"Are you even listening to me Arthit Rojnapat? I am fucking talking to you!"

"Yes, yes, Ai'Bright. Sheesh. Take it down a notch, will you?" Arthit points at his leg and winces. "I am fine."

Bright glares.

"The way you keep shouting at him, your neighbours would think it is a child you are trying to reprimand."

"Yes, because you are a fucking child!" Arthit looks at Ruethai for supports. "What are you looking at her for?"

Ruethai raises her hands up and quips, "Not getting between you two."