Chapter 27

a/n: One last chapter to go everyone! Because this chapter was ending up with entirely two different ... emotional tone? I think? I split it :)

When Arthit returns to the flat, Kongphob is in a bad mood. It isn't in the way he is saying- he is saying nothing at all. He isn't behaving in any particular manner. Arthit just knows that the other man isn't happy. Kongphob comes to the door, collecting the bags from his hand, with a frown,

"You could have waited for me," Kongphob says and kisses him right above his head. "Do you want me to help you cook?"

Pete who Arthit had forgotten about, shuffles on his feet, behind him. "I- uh, sorry, but could you- I have to-"

"Oh, hey, sorry," Arthit turns around slightly, moving closer to Kongphob to no longer block the boy's way.

"No, no. It is fine. I will just keep these inside then," Pete smiles and shows the remaining packets in his hand and Arthit smiles, embarrassed.

"Okay," Arthit elbows Kongphob and hisses, "what kind of pee sao are you?" Kongphob does behave a little embarrassingly at times. "You should have taken the ones he is holding."

"There's no need to treat him like he's frail. He is not. He can manage."

"Yeah? What about me then? I'm frail then?"

"No. I would just like to spoil you."

Arthit wonders how Kongphob still speak things like that with a straight face because it makes Arthit duck his face. He presses his face lightly against the taller man's chest and rubs it. His heart swells with love. He isn't scared to admit that to himself. Not anymore. "Happy birthday, Kong," is all he manages to say, however.

Kongphob hugs him. "Thank you."

They are interrupted once again (one of the firsts in several interruptions that is going to follow them that day.)

"You two are here. Good. I am leaving." P'Ice says, strapping her watch on her wrist. "N'Mint will leave once she's done showering."

"But-" Arthit was planning on preparing the soup for everyone. In fact, they had decided their halves of cooking.

"I got a call from my daughter's school so, I have to go."

"n'Kosum? What happened?"

P'Ice seems surprised at the familiarity and even 'n' instead of 'nong'. Arthit forgets sometimes not all of them are on the same page. "It is nothing to worry about, I am sure. Don't worry." She walks closer to the door (where Kongphob and he are still standing) and slips on the shoes next to the shoe rack. "n'Kong, Kosum has holiday this weekend."

"Send her over."

"All right. Let me take my leave now. Happy birthday, n'Kong and take care, nong Arthit."

"You too, P'. Sawatdee khrab."

Ice nods at them both before she leaves.

It is really odd.

Arthit whips his head around to stare at Kongphob in accusation. "Why did she leave? Why are they both leaving?"

"You heard her," Kongphob shrugs and starts walking towards the dining table. "What are you preparing?"

"Tom kha gai. Don't try to change the topic. Is P'Firstclass going to leave too?"

"Oh, you don't know?"

"He and his wife left already," a voice says from the back. Arthit looks over his shoulder. P'Mint is drying her hair with a white towel, wearing a dark pair of suit. "His meeting was rescheduled. Sorry, we have to leave on such a short notice." She smiles, probably her first directed at Arthit and wow, her smile is as beautiful as Kongphob's. They are so weirdly alike. "I hope you don't mind," she continues as she pulls the towel off her hair and flicks her hair back, "It'd be just you two now." Damn, they are all so attractive.