Chapter 18

"Can you go back to the living room, love?" Kongphob's sister says to the little girl and Arthit finally recognizes her. Suchada is an exact replica of nong Kosum but only with lot more baby features.  She smiles at the woman, a wide gummy smile and skips out of the room. Kongphob looks stricken and Arthit shoots him a murderous glance. "Please, don't be uncomfortable - we didn't know you were here." She glances at Kongphob. "Didn't know I was interrupting." Her cheeks flush red a little and Arthit blushes and clutches his bedsheet tighter. She clears her throat. "I'll - I'll wait outside." She turns around and slams the door shut behind her.

As soon as she is gone, Arthit picks up the pillow next to him and hurls it at Kongphob and hisses, "what the fuck, Kongphob?!

He raises his hands, properly chagrined, "am sorry, I didn't know myself!" He comes closer to the bed but stops when Arthit glares daggers at him. "n'Sue just ran inside when I was putting the luggage in and pee-sao ran in after she screamed." Arthit only glowers and picks his boxers up. He sees Kongphob's unashamed leer and just rolls his eyes.

"You can forget anything happening anymore." Arthit points at Kongphob's crotch and then back at him.

"What?" The younger man splutters, "why? P'Arthit' -"

"Shut up," Arthit says non-heatedly and stands up, pulling his boxers up. He rubs his back gingerly.

"Did I ... hurt you?" Kongphob asks softly.

"Huh?" Arthit searches for his shirt, "no," he frowns when he sees the expression on his face. "No, I am not hurt," he says exasperated, "but you are hurting my image." Kongphob's pained expression makes him amend, "I have never really met your family. Not even when we were in a relationship and now we are meeting when I am in this condition."

"Who else did you meet?" Kongphob asks confused and hands Arthit his shirt.

"Your other sister?" Arthit wears his wrinkled shirt. "What's even her name?"

"Ice. She's P'ice. You don't know her name?"

"It isn't like you ever said anything about your family." He stands akimbo. "I was the only one ever spilling their guts out. Still do."

"P'Arthit-"

"No doubt we didn't work." Arthit sighs. Kongphob pales. "Look, I get it. You don't wanna talk about it. You don't wanna talk about this, you don't wanna about that. You just wanna fuck, share a nice meal together, fine. I get it. I got the memo now but you can't throw unexpected things at me."

"I didn't know she was going to come!"

"Didn't you tell before that your sisters come over often?"

"They do but it is only for work. And, we work for the same company so I know when they'll turn up. I really didn't know."

Arthit ignores his excuses and tries to leave the room but Kongphob blocks his way. "Is this because I didn't talk last night about why I left the country?"

"No. Let me go," Arthit tries to push him aside. "What the fuck, move aside."

"They are out in the hall."

"She saw me when I was naked. They can handle this. Get outta the way."

"No. I want to understand why you are pissed now."

"Why am I-", Arthit looks at him incredulously, "I dated you for almost two years twelve years back and I still fucking know nothing about your family!"