Chapter 21

I just realised this series/trilogy has turned a year old and am running a whole month behind for its anniversary. Hehe. The fandom is still going strong and got to know some new SOTUS friends who shared their fav fics - I got so much stuff to read now! :D

For all the new readers and the cheering squad from Old Times, thank you! Thanks for all the Votes and comments and most importantly, for reading my fic :)

Totally not proofread so, apologies for the mistakes ahead ;)

Arthit puts his own shades on, one messenger bag slung over a shoulder and Kongphob following him with a trolley in his hand. It is very breezy and sunny and it is damn pleasant. They are welcomed with bright smiles from the staff and one of the bell boys approaches them to carry their luggage inside. Said Boy gives them both an odd look but he quickly collects them and he trails after them. Kongphob walks with confident strides inside. He seems to know his way about. They stop at the Reception where they check for their reservation. Arthit tries not to blush when Kongphob confirms that their villa reservation is under the name of 'Sutthiluck' and not think too much of the surprised look the Receptionist gives them while she is handing over the keys to Kongphob who seems all very oblivious to the wary look the woman directs at them.

Just to keep the awkwardness at bay, he clears his throat and asks, "When do you think everybody else will reach?"

Kongphob removes his Aviators and frowns and says unsurely, "Anytime soon?" He folds one of arms of the frame and tucks it inside his Henley collar and tacks on, "In fact-" He is smiling now looking somewhere behind his shoulder and Arthit turns around. Prem and Toota are walking towards them, the pair boisterous as always. Prem comes towards Arthit with arms open wide and Arthit clocks him on the head and grins. "I'll just check our villa and come." Kongphob excuses himself and is gone just as quick. Arthit hums and turns to Toota, catching up with his friend while Prem checks on their reservations. A few minutes later, Knot, Chiantara, Bright, Ruethai and Wad finally join them in the Lobby where they have finally moved to. Arthit returns Bright his tight hug who whistles at him.

"Someone is out here to kill it." Bright winks.

Arthit rolls his eyes and finally registers that all of them are in ridiculously printed clothes. They are getting into the 'beach/Hawaiian' look. His friends will always be impossible. Arthit watches his friends sitting together, finally all of them together-  a whole year after Prem's wedding and damn, he has missed them. It has only been fifteen minutes since they came together and they are already so noisy and laugh-contagious that Arthit soon finds himself laughing a belly full.

"P'Arthit," he says and Arthit turns his head to the right and looks at Kongphob who has come to stand next to him and his breath hitches. Yeah, his friends were there last year too, supportive and idiotic as ever but this man here wasn't and Arthit has grown up enough that he can accept now that yes, he has missed Kongphob. That without him, his world isn't complete. His happiness isn't. Arthit almost stops breathing. Kongphob just gives him a slight smile and says, "you're beautiful when you laugh." Arthit in reflex whacks him but they both know that he sucks that compliment up like a sponge. 

"If you say so," he says with the shrug of a shoulder but he knows he is fooling nobody.

Arthit's heart is thumping loudly as Kongphob as ever remains oblivious to the flux of emotions in the older man. He takes notice of the fact that how everyone else is sitting on the white, plush leather couches while they two are standing a little apart from them. And, they are the only ones who are not in the ridiculous beach clothes. In fact, they are in very ordinary clothes. He glances at Kongphob. As ordinary as Kongphob can get, he corrects himself. Other than Wad, everyone is Arthit's friend and he is left wondering if Kongphob will be okay with this trip.