Chapter 13

Merry Christmas, everyone. Thank you for the wishes ^^

Welcome the last phase of the trilogy :)

Arthit has a lot of food - lots of different soups, rice, meat, plum cakes, lots of beer, chips. He is tired of eating at this point. He feels bloated and lies down on the big wrought iron seat on the terrace. They are at Knot's house, celebrating the New Year's Eve. Another year has gone by. He is just turning older and older. Arthit sighs.

"Hey."

Arthit looks up, surprised. "Ai'Porsche?" He quickly sits up.

"Hi, Ai'Arthit. Just dropping by with more food Mae sent." He smiles sheepishly. "May I sit here?"

"Of course!" Arthit immediately scoots, giving the other man space. "How's your clinic running?"

"Good... Good... I am actually moving out."

"Moving out?"

"Yea, I got the post of Associate Professor at a University Hospital in Hat Yai."

Arthit whistles. "Wow. Congratulations."

 Porsche grins. "Thanks."

"Just a thanks? What about a treat?"

"Haha. Sure. If you want it. You know am not the one stopping."

Arthit bites his lower lip and glances away. He notices Knot and Toota watching them. "Yea, sorry about that."

"That's okay. I don't blame you."

"I don't want you to avoid your friends because of me."

Porsche covers his left eye with one hand. "Ai'Bright punches hard. I don't want that again, thanks." He grins and Arthit ends up grinning too. It has been so easy to talk to him. Why had they broken up? 

"Am sorry. I have tried talking sense into Ai'Bright but he doesn't listen."

"It is fine. Don't worry. He is not okay only if we," he points a finger at Arthit and then at himself, "are in the same place. That's all."

"But you are here now."

"But, am here now." He says chirpingly. "Figured, I can tell you one last goodbye."

Arthit pouts.

"How are you?" Porsche asks.

"Am fine," Arthit answers, amused.

"Heard you are back with nong Kongphob." Arthit stills. "I am not trying to pry." He swallows. "I am just worried about you, Ai'Arthit. You don't look fine at all to me." Arthit turns his eyes down and stares at his own fingers clasping the edge of the metal. "Are you really okay?"

Arthit closes his eyes. "Would it make any difference if I said no?"

"I don't know," Porsche replies hesitatingly. He slings an arm around Arthit's shoulders. "Am sorry."

"Don't be. I chose this."

Arthit turns around and hugs Porsche, burying his face in the other man's chest, a place he sought respite in once upon a time. Crackers burst overhead loudly and Arthit startles. Porsche laughs and rubs his back.

"Happy New Year, Ai'Arthit." He kisses the top of Arthit's head. "I hope you get all the love and happiness you deserve."

Arthit pulls back, unhappy with the loss of the warmth Porsche's body gave. "You too. You too deserve all the happiness. You are always doing so much for others but you don't look out for yourself." Porsche just ruffles his hair. "Happy new year, Ai'Porsche."