Chapter 4

a/n: Hello~~~ Hi to the new readers, especially, to the ones who left a lot of comments on a lot of chapters. I'll get back to those! Hi to the older ones. I know I have been missing for a while :3 My schedule's got a little packed {understatement of the year} and well. So, yeah, updates would take a while. That's not what I had wanted but it seems like that for now. And keeping the time limit I have in mind, I cut down on a lot of drama. This chapter has been in draft since June and is still so short because of that! 

Thanks to friends though, I still get to see some SingtoKrist FM photos and others. 

Missing SOTUS :(

Arthit recovers fast under Bright and Ruethai's care. The last few days of his recovery goes stress-free and good. He gets to spend time with Bright after quite a long time and Ruethai, his favourite 'sister-in-law'. Bright takes three weeks off from work, refusing to listen to any of Arthit's protests. The final few days he does make Bright leave for work while Ruethai stays back to keep him company. The debt Arthit feels he owes his friends is something he can't be able to repay in a lifetime. He knows they understand how grateful he feels to them.

One of the major reasons this house, Arthit thinks he takes in the paintings on the wall, the ceiling is that it isn't just Bright, his friend. Had it not been Ruethai it wouldn't have been the same. She is like the sister he doesn't have and he is her brother that she doesn't have. Arthit takes pride in the fact that out of all of Bright's friends, she considers him her brother. In this house, he has found refuge from a broken heart and even for a broken leg. Their love which is unconditional without assumptions is something he'll always be thankful for. And, that's why he is going to go back and not just sit under their wings and lick his wounds.

When Arthit tells her at the dining table that they should tell Kongphob to come receive him, they don't ask him if he is ready. They give each other that much respect that they know they wouldn't say a word to the other if they don't mean it. They trust each other to be honest and open with each other.

*

That's how Arthit finds himself in Kongphob's car once again. The silence in the vehicle is louder than his furiously beating heart. The younger man had been standing at the threshold and Arthit had with his crutch walked up to him but after chickening out in the end, he had crossed him and walked till the car waiting for the other to come back to the car. They haven't still exchanged any word. Arthit can't really work up the courage to bring up the topic or make small talks. After all, he is the one who had walked - no, run out of the house like a dog with his tail tucked in. Such a shameful thing, he muses, his action to be. Clearly, he hadn't been thinking. He, probably, still isn't. Arthit wants to apologise though but he doesn't know what to say though. He is waiting for Kongphob to give him that opening and he will apologise, he thinks to himself. The drive all the way from Chiang Mai and Bangkok lasts for about eleven hours. In those ten hours, Arthit can count on his one hand how many times they have interacted. One time Kongphob gets off the car to get the gas tank filled. He doesn't tell the raven-haired man why he is getting off his vehicle and he doesn't have to. They make two other pit stops and the taller man isn't looking at him when he tells they are taking short breaks and walks away from Arthit who is left behind in the car staring at the vacated seat each time. He knows he should say something. He had thought he had matured enough to be ready for 'talks'. He figures he quite hasn't.