Chapter 12

The whole time they are at the restaurant, Kongphob keeps looking at him and wouldn't stop. Even when he tells him. Kongphob simply says,

"You're still the same, P'Arthit."

He doesn't elaborate despite Arthit's insistence. The latter pouts cause he had thought that the former would say something like,

"You can always make me fall in love with you."

Arthit realises he had thought so because Kongphob had said that once before. They had been in a cafe during one of their midnight impromptu dates. Something like 'how it is easy to fall in love with you.' Kongphob had been annoyed about something, he recalls. Funny how all he has now are memories and wishing them for the empty spaces between them. Kongphob doesn't feed him the meatballs. Doesn't even ask for once. They eat it in silence (except for when Arthit asks him why is he staring and to quit it). They don't go elsewhere after eating. They don't go to the nearest ice-cream stall or bookshop or cafe or walk. They just get into Kongphob's car and leave for home.

Kongphob's home.

Arthit keeps the scarf tightly wrapped around his neck, sniffling. He despises cold.

When they reach the safe confines of the flat, Arthit is infinitely glad. It is steadily growing colder and Arthit hates it. He pats his cheeks, rubbing them with his equally cold hands.

Kongphob is divesting himself off his clothes one by one and Arthit lingers unsure of where to go next.

"Are you coming?" Kongphob asks offhandedly and Arthit releases the breath he didn't he was holding. He immediately trails after him to Kongphob's bedroom. The taller man comes out of the bathroom wearing a pair of sweatpants and hands Arthit a pair of soft, woollen pyjamas who mumbles thanks and quickly changes into it in the bathroom and comes back out. Arthit wonders whose pyjama it is since obviously, it wouldn't be Kongphob as it fits him perfectly and would be a stretch on the younger man. But, it looks brand new. Has Kongphob bought it for him?

Arthit fiddles with one of the buttons before giving up and climbs onto the bed. Kongphob re-enters the room a few minutes later. The shift of the mattress wakes him up and he knows Kongphob is lying next to him now. Arthit falls back to sleep.

Sometime after he wakes up, feeling hot and irritable and ready to lash out but then there's a warm body, caging him, restricting him. He turns around. It is just the way Kongphob is looking at him, he isn't suddenly feeling cold. They can barely hear each other breathing and then Kongphob is capturing his mouth in his and Arthit automatically wraps his arms around Kongphob's shoulders. The way Kongphob kisses him.. he hasn't felt this wanted in a really long time and if it is possible, Kongphob has become an even better kisser and Arthit doesn't want to stop kissing him.