Clouds Travel Far and Wide : One Piece - Eustass Kid X Traflagar Law

'It was stupid. Everything was stupid. The sun was stupid. The wind was stupid. The sea was stupid. Eustass was stupid. Why he had to do that was beyond my wildest imaginations. That dream of his... It hurts me. and the price he had to pay, was immense.'

"Fuck..." With his vision blurry, he laid on the bloody, sandy ground, the pain from the wound on his stomach numbing away slowly. As he eventually lost his vision, he whispered, "Eustass..." Law groaned and slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them and blinking several times to clear his vision. When he saw clear blue skies and clouds and more clouds, he closed his eyes. Shocked, his eyes fluttered open and stared at even more clouds. Law cried out in surprise, jumping up to see himself floating on a piece of cloud. He blinked his eyes again and saw white puffs of clouds everywhere. "The hell on earth is happening here?..." Law looked around, finding himself able to stand without falling on the clouds. "Maybe I could possibly..." No longer sleepy or tired, he smirked and took a step forward, jumping high up in the air, doing a back flip and landing on his palms and feet on the clouds softly. The clouds were soft and fluffy, just like cotton candy. He smirked and played around in the clouds, feeling care-free. Something he had not felt in a long time. As he jumped across the puffs of clouds, he suddenly knocked into something, or someone, in his case. Law fell back and landed on his back with a loud thud. He groaned, shaking his head to dispell the dizziness. Standing up slowly, he looked at the stranger before him and his face morphed into a mixture of happiness and sourness. "K-kid..." He stuttered, his mouth unable to utter any other word. His body froze and his mind was incapable of processing anything except, 'Eustass is right here.'

"It's me, Eustass. Law? " That voice drifted around him and into his ears. Ear drums that rang from the melodic voice. Law stared at him, eyes tearing up. He breathed out shakily, trembling hands reaching out to touch Eustass's face. His voice became laboured and when he called out Eustass's name, it was broken into two syllables. Law just could not caught his breath, watery eyes trying to blink out the tears as he lifted his hand in the air. Eustass smiled and grabbed his trembling hand with his own big hand, putting it to his face. Law was beyond shaken. For a moment, nothing could describe what he felt, the relief, the happiness, the sadness... They all built up inside him, and when they burst, he broke down. He collapsed into Eustass, dropping his sword as he hugged Eustass tightly with both arms. Tears broke free as he cried without a care in the world, even screaming a little as he gripped Eustass harder. Comforting, big hands encircled his slim body and rubbed his back and head. Law could only cry even more. "Why...Did you have to...leave?" Law mumbled out after he had calmed down. They were sitting on the clouds now, Law on Kid's lap and snuggling into Eustass's chest with a red nose. Eustass only smiled sadly, replying him a few moments later. "Because time was up... Law..." Law clicked his tongue, not believing what he just said at all and sniffled. Law hugged him tighter, not wanting to let him go anytime soon. Eustass could only chuckle lightly at Law's actions. Law looked up at Eustass, eyes glassy from the crying and throat hoarse.

Eustass looked back at him, smiling widely and showing him his white teeth. Law stretched up then, kissing the man suddenly. Eustass expressed his surprise, but chuckled, smiling into the kiss and kissing him back with equal fervour. The ever-lasting love between them was not going to fade anytime soon as they could feel it in the tender kiss they shared. Traflagar had his hand sliding over Kid's shoulder and into his bright red hair. His fingers played with the loose strands as Eustass had his own thumbs drawing circles on Traflagar's hips. Law broke the kiss and laughed, covering his mouth as he made a girlish giggle. "Sensitive as ever, Traflagar? " Eustass commented, smirking as Law blushed and looked away, smacking his shoulder playfully. "...Traflagar... Law..." Eustass whispered seductively into Law's ear and Law shivered, looking into each other's eyes tenderly. "S-shit Eustass-ya... " Traflagar moaned and bit his lip, clutching Eustass's arms and shivering. He buried his face into his chest and smelled the familiar, comfy scent. After snuggling a while more, Law spoke again. "I hope this isn't a dream... If it is... I don't ever want to wake up..." Eustass breathed in Traflagar's scent and stroked his head gently, whispering soft words. "I know Traflagar... I know... But it isn't your time yet... and, I love you, Traflagar Law, remember that... " Traflagar smiled, his eyes slowly fluttering close as he replied, "I love you too... Eustass-ya..." But he screamed in his mind, hands relentlessly scratching and clawing at the walls that where slowly being built up around Kid. 'Wait... I don't want to go. No. No! Eustass-ya! Wait!!' And just like that, the man he loved was gone, the warm embrace disappeared into thin air, and he could no longer feel normal again.

"Eustass-ya!!!" Law jumped up, breathing heavy as sweat covered his forehead. He groaned and laid back down in pain. "Doctor!" One of the pirates in his crew called out. He couldn't remember his name. Law waved him away and the man had retreated away quickly and quietly, not daring to offend the dangerous man. Ever since Eustass had gone, he was cold. No one, not even Bepo could help him. They had chosen to stay clear of him ever since then. Sucking in a breath of cold air, a single tear fell and rolled down his cheek. The dream... It was so real. It felt surreal. He put his right hand on his face, trying so hard to keep it all in. Grinding his teeth together, he let his tears go. He screamed and cried silently. How could he ever forgive the bastard that left him? It was a pain he could not forget... How could he? He had killed the man with his own hands. And he couldn't stop it from happening. All he did was watch him choke on his own blood and die. Sobbing harder, he slowly raised from the bed, clutching his katana tightly. He looked at it for a long, hard moment. When his mind was made up, he unsheathed the sword and saw the glint reflected on the metal. He smiled bitterly and sat down on the ground, his legs folded beneath him as he laid the cover on the floor in front of him gently. "I'm coming for you, Eustass-ya... I'm coming for ya." Law whispered and as he took his last breath, he placed the tip of the blade directly above his heart. Just as he was ready to shove the sword through his chest, Eustass's voice echoed through his mind, "it's not your time yet baby, please, live on, for me." Law dropped the sword, body trembling with shock. He screamed and kicked the murderous metal away, crawling up to his bed and screaming even more. He fisted blankets and three a tantrum, destroying whatever that was in the room. Why he just could not end it, he did not know. He could only continue his silent screams as he suffered for the rest of his life, with the blood of his love stained on his hands.