The Departure : Kuroko no Basuke - Akashi Seijuurou x Kuroko Tetsuya

Tick tock tick tock... The sound of the old grandfather clock on the grey wall continues turning, ticking away the seconds that slowly turned into minutes, and hours, and days.

  Silence was the only thing that greeted the lonely man who sat in a lonely room. It was like a routine now, the silence, the loneliness. The male was sitting on the sofa, so many words in my mind, yet lacking the usual spite he had to spit them out so easily in the past. The only thing he could do was silently breathe in the air that surrounded him. The stuffy, cold air. He felt like he could choke on it. He tugged at his tie, loosening it to get a better gasp of air. A Swiss knife in his hand, tossed from left to right, and right to left. A never ending repeating cycle it as he continued tossing, and tossing and tossing. It was as if he was waiting for a certain someone to call for him. He never stopped, just sitting there, tossing that knife around like a harmless toy, staring at the blank reflection on the television as it failed to display anything other than a black image and the dull reflection of himself. Exhausted but no sleep was willing to come and knock on his doors. No sleep was daring enough to come and knock on his door. The grandfather clock continued to make its own music, reverberating through the whole room. The only sound in the room. It just constantly ticked every second, on point, never missing, never stopping. The quiet male could only wish for time to stop. For time to rewind back to the way when things were so much more smooth. To the days where he could see what the future was like, to know what was his to hold dearly forever and more.

  For now, however, he knew nothing of the future to come, he knew nothing of what is his any longer. He knew nothing. All he knew was...pain. Excruciating pain that never left his body or mind once. Not even now. He sighed, and stood up, the Swiss knife in his left hand once more, which slid back to its original place that was his back pocket. The red head slowly dragged his feet to the bedroom but when he reached the door to that bedroom, he paused. He just stood there, for what seemed like an eternity as he just stood there, staring at the door knob, hand trying to reach out for it, yet he feared what he would see inside, what he knew was right beyond this door that he stood in front of.

  He breathed in, and exhaled, shakily.

  With trembling hands, the male grabbed the door knob, and twisted it. With little force, he pushed the door open, and entered the room that he dared not enter moments ago. Breathing in deeply, the male quietly closed the door behind him, shutting the only entrance from the room he was in. Red hair ruffled messily, the male turned around again, and this time, what he saw made the grip on his heart clench even tighter than before.

  He could not breath properly. It was like a spear had pierced through his lungs like a fish. A bucket full of tears seemed to have found its way back into his tear ducts. The male had to take in long, deep breaths just to calm down. The sickly-pale child laid on the bed, more than a third of his body was beneath the sheets, his light blue hair was messily tossled. His eyes were closed as his chest gently expanded and deflated, the only movement that proved he was alive. But even then, he barely was. Akashi almost failed to hold back the tears as he walked forward, each step so much more heavier than the last. Why, why did it have to be him? Why not Akashi? The male trembled, quivering as he finally stopped to stand before the ill-stricken child that laid on the bed. The red head could not help but to stroke his hair, that messy, cute hair that held the very same vibrance just like a very special man he knew. Akashi sat down, gently and gracefully, beside the child. He could hear those silent breaths that would have gone unheard if not for the deathly silence that filled the place. "Akiko... What have you done to deserve this?... You don't deserve this..." Akashi mumbled out, clasping the child's cold hands in both of Akashi's warm, big ones. Just then, a slight shuffling. Kuroko had entered the room. Akashi turned around and saw his love, standing right in front of the door; eyes filled with exhaustion and sadness, his shoulders were even slouching slightly.

  A sign of pure fatigue that Akashi had never seen before in his love. The light-blue hair male shuffled forward, eyes once again, filled with tears as he collapsed onto Akashi, hugging the man. Akashi could only pat the male's hands with his own, lips quivering, voice shaking, as he felt to have lost all his power of King. Kuroko just hugged Akashi tighter, stifling his silent cries of anguish. Akashi felt a tear slowly roll down his face, as his own neck was slowly being wet with salty tears that belonged to Kuroko. "It'll be fine my dear... It'll always be fine... Like always..." The red head mumbled out, whispering soft words of comfort that both of them knew were not true, but had chosen to believe.

  Words filled with emptiness.

  Silent tears of regret and pain, anguish.

  Two depressed males comforting each other, mutual love.

  Sorrow filling their soul, pain.

  Just then, Akashi heard Akiko's breath, the longest one he ever heard, like a loud sigh as if he lost all of his strength.

  His final breath.

  Akashi gasped, clutching the child's hand even tighter than before, as he screamed. Denial wrecking his entire body. Kuroko could only stare in silent shock. He could not do anything to help. He could only feel the tears continuously roll down his cheeks like waterfalls, never stopping. It felt like the pain would never cease. What was left, was Akashi, screaming for his child to come back as Kuroko stared at the face of his own, now dead child. The sorrow and sadness that filled the household was so heavy, it drenched the entire atmosphere. A loud scream, followed by a cry of bitterness, echoed throughout the cold mansion.

  The male, helpless.

  Sobs broke out as water broke free from the dams.

  Helplessness, emptiness.

  Kuroko collapsed, eyes wide with pain and shock, hugging himself, rocking back and forth. Kuroko screamed, cursing and losing control of his rage and sorrow as he cried, biting his lips hard, fist slamming the floor until he bruised. A side no one had ever seen, not even Akashi. Kuroko had never shown his feelings, but when Akashi saw this, goosebumps tickled his skin, the pain emanating from his love could be felt miles away, and Akashi was hit into a similar state. He carried and hugged the limp, cold child in his arms, sobbing and mourning. Mumbling for his child to come back, to come back to him. To come back to them.

  A few weeks had passed and both males could only sought comfort in each other. A funeral was held. And every thing was left open again. Friends came and went, family members wished them well. But nothing really mattered. The mutual regret, the same pain, the same love they share, was always there. As they hugged each other, one crying softly, the other staring blankly at the wall however, both hugging each other, trying hard to find comfort within each other's embrace in their own way. Hours had passed and the funeral was over in a blink of an eye. Akashi and Kuroko dragged their heavy bodies back to bed, tired, and just tired.

  "I... I can't.... Anymore, Kuroko." Kuroko could only pull up a sad sad smile. "Neither can I...." They hugged each other tightly, warmth filling their essence, but the missing presence left a void in their hearts. Seeking back the warmth to fill that void, they sought indeed.

  And found it, they did.

--

Requestee : @LeaMaeAlvarez