Brothers for Life : Thor - Thor x Loki

Honestly, if he had time to think about it, he would have instantly thought of this question. And now that Ragnarok was over, and he was King of Asgard, he seemed to have all the time in the world to himself. And as his curiosity got the better of him, he decided to go off in search for that answer.

Thor did not even bother to knock as he pushed open the doors to Loki's temporary chambers. He was not greeted by Loki's voice, something he expected after living with Loki for so long. He eventually found Loki on his bed, reading away the latest book he could find in the ship. Loki had failed to noticed Thor even when he had cleared his throat. Thor sighed and gave in, jumping onto the bed which shook Loki. The action had nearly caused the poor man to lose his book, to which his hissed.

"You damned cretin, could you not knocked on the door instead?"

"Ehh, you did not reply, even after I broke the hinges of your doors."

Thor smirked as Loki's eyes widened in surprise.

"Damned brute, I'm taking your room as compensation."

"You can't, since it's mine."

"Exactly, because it is yours, and therefore, I can take it."

Loki sighed, Thor was still not the smartest when it came to comebacks. Thor frowned at the reply, wondering just where could he have gone wrong. Thor gave up and Loki resumed reading, seeing as to how hard Thor was thinking.

"Don't think too hard, or your brain might just explode."

Thor glowered at him, adjusting himself as he turned to face Loki directly. Unexpectedly, his nonchalance did not give any hint whatsoever to his question. "So, how exactly did you get close to the Grandmaster?"

Loki almost dropped his book before he gripped it tightly once more in his hands. He lifted his head up from the book and cleared his throat before speaking, "excuse me?"

Thor sighed, choosing to rephrase his sentence, though, there really was no need.

"How did you and that Grandmaster become buddies?"

Loki shook his head, smiling just a little. Thor was as naive as ever.

"I didn't," he replied, albeit a little too soft for Thor to catch.

Thor frowned.

"What?"

Aggravated, he said it louder this time, "I didn't!" 

The slightest of frowns touched Thor's face.

"Explain."

"And if I do not?"

Thor glared coldly at Loki. Loki exhaled.

"I did not escape the clutches of the arena and its viewers as I never even had to. I simply led him into doing my biddings. And as always, luck was on my side, as the Grandmaster was mesmerised by my wide range of expertise."

Thor's eye got darker. His hands stopped scratching his beard.

"So you became his courtesan."

Loki stiffened, his usual mask was no longer working here.

"I am not, and I was not."

Thor pressed on, needing an answer from his own lips.

"His sex slave then?"

Loki turned away, before collecting himself once more. He thought of trying to blame the Valkyrie lady for feeding Thor the wrong lies, but the look in Thor's eyes rendered him speechless. He looked down, shame beginning to eat him up inside.

I did nothing wrong.

I did something wrong.

Thor's eyebrows dropped back down and now he seemed a much less angered.

"You cannot, be serious."

Loki was unreadable at this point.

"I did what I had to to survive," Loki finally snapped, his head whirling for reasons, for logic to back him up.

Why must you prove yourself to him?

"I was not his 'sex slave', Thor. It was a deal, an exchange. If I slept with him, he would let me go. And he decided I was pretty good at it so."

Thor was staring at Loki like he had never seen his brother before, and Loki began to feel the first tickles of anger.

"So you made love to him," Thor said simply, tone platonic. Loki felt his eyes bulge out. He stifled a laugh.

"I wouldn't call it 'making love', Thor. Like I said, it was sex."

Thor's eye narrowed, and he asked again.

"You had sex with him."

Not just him.

"Yes, yes, yes," Loki said, frowning at the need to repeat himself, his features much cooler and collected now. "I did, and I fail to see what is has to do with you."

Thor made some sort of low growling noise in the back of his throat.

"Maybe because I don't like the the mental image or even the idea of my brother whoring himself out to that poor existence of a being."

Loki was certain he had just regained his cool a moment ago, and yet, here he was, a much brighter red than his enemies' blood. Spitefully, he retorted, "well, it certainly wasn't the worst sex I've ever had."

Thor flashed him a disgusted look.

"Loki."

"Plus," Loki said, as lightly as he could manage. "you have no need to imagine such things since I'm not your brother."

He wished to continue, but he faltered.

Not your brother?

You've gone and done it again, Loki. How many more times, before he gives you up for good

Thor threw something at his head. Loki ducked. The book clashed against the metal walls of the room, the echoes clear as day, but the words that Loki spat out echoed much more louder. Loki cleared his throat.

"I-I must leave. I...."

The words, stuck on his tongue, unforgiving as it clung to the tip of his tongue. Loki stood up, turning to leave the room, his book left open. He could never apologise to Thor for what he had said. It was unforgivable, Loki's words, Loki's actions, were unforgivable. He did not deserve Thor's kindness. He had no longer expected Thor to chase after him like a lost puppy. He knew Thor would not do so, after the conversation in the lift. He knew Thor no longer saw hope in him.

Because he crushed it all into dust and incinerated it all.

A hand on his wrist, easily wrapped around his skinny one. He gasped softly, the contact surprising him.

"What are you—"

A hug. Loki was muffled against Thor's shoulder, but nevertheless, he returned it, grateful.

"Thor, I—"

His hand pressed Loki's head back onto his shoulder, silencing his brother as he squeezed him tighter. Loki gripped Thor's cape in his hands, resisting the urge to cry. Loki lifted his head again, wishing to say something.

"I—"

Once again, Thor silenced him, but this time, with a kiss to his cheek. He frowned, why? And that was when he realised the tears on his face, gently rolling down. Loki panicked, but Thor wiped them away easily.

"Th-these are, a misunderstanding."

Loki tried to reason, but the way Thor stared at him with just one eye silenced him once more. He knew that Thor knew. Nothing more needed to be said. Thor leaned his forehead against Loki's, hands cupping his face gently. Loki could only curl his fists tightly, the sobs eventually greeting his body as he turned into a pile of tears. Thor remained by his side, strong like the sun as he shined his rays of hope on his dearest brother and friend.

I never gave up on you. I never can.