Chapter 1: Birthday Party

"Jinx are you still coming to my birthday party tonight?" My best friend Aurora asks. 

"Yes, Aurora of course I am." I say laughing. "Why would I miss my best friends birthday party? I wouldn't miss it for the world." 

"I know. Just making sure." She giggles.

Aurora is the type of girl who is very involved in things. She is very friendly, she is attentive, she is always well almost always punctual and loves to listen. She is a great person to be around. 

We have known each other since 2nd grade when I moved to Princeton, Indiana to get away from some harmful people. That's a story for another time, for now just read this amazing story.

I'm Jinx Rowland and this is my story. 

"Jinx are you ready for us to drop you off at Aurora's?" My father asks.

"Almost. I gotta finish my hair and I will be ready." I say putting the last bobby pin in my hair. 

"You look gorgeous sweetie." My mom says smiling.

"It's just a birthday party mom." I laugh. 

"I know honey but you still look stunning doll." She says hugging me. We all get into the car, and drive over to Aurora's house. 

"Have fun and call us when you are ready to come home. We will come get you. Love you." My parents say. 

"I love you too." I smile and walk up to the door. 

There isn't any cars here so I'm assuming that I am the first to arrive, but normally I am always the first to be here. 

"Happy Birthday Aurora." I say hugging my best friend. I hand her the gift I got her. She opens it. 

"Oh My God Jinx you didn't!" She screams. I smile.

"I did." I say. It's a plane ticket to Scotland to see her grandparents that she hasn't seen for over 4 years. 

"Thank you so much! I love it!" She says kissing my cheek. 

"I'm glad. You are welcome. Need help setting anything up?" I ask.

"Just the food." She smiles. I follow her to the kitchen where there is bowls upon bowls of chips, dip, salads, plates of steak, and ribs, There's even a milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate fountain. She has fruits, candy, hamburgers, and so much more. She even has 4 types of cheese fountains, and crackers. There's cupcakes, pies, a giant birthday cake and just so much stuff! 

"Wow. You went all out." I laugh. 

"I did. The cookies are still making but should be done soon. Dig in if you'd like." She says grabbing a chip. 

"Don't have to tell me twice." I say. We have a few snacks then people finally begin to show up. 

"You look beautiful Aurora. You look nice too Jinx." Aurora's boyfriend Danny says. 

"Thanks." I say. His brother Alexx comes in behind him.

"You ladies look stunning this evening." He says in his thick Australian accent. 

"Thanks Alexx." I say walking to the bathroom. Alexx is an adorable guy but he is a player. He has a new girl clinging to him for dear life every other week. It's disgusting how someone so adorable, and sweet uses girls like that. 

He could be doing so much better by not wasting his time on the girls he does. He could be with a respectable girl who will hold him down.

I use the bathroom then go back out to the party. Everyone is just partying. I smile at all the positive vibes bumping through this room, although it's got a lot of drinking going down. I decide to call my parents and tell them to come get me because I am so tired. 

"Okay honey we are on our way." Dad says. 

"Okay see you soon." 

I tell Aurora happy birthday again, then I leave with my parents.