Chapter 2: What Happened?

I get in the car with my parents. 

"Hey honey how was it?" My mom asks. 

"It was really fun. She had all of these chocolate and cheese fountains. There were chips, hamburgers, steak, pies, cupcakes, cakes, and ice cream. There was so much food. The positivity going through the house was freaking amazing. I loved it mom!" I scream excitedly. 

"I am so glad you had fun." They smile. 

"I d-" I am cut off by the car rolling a bunch of times. 

When we stop rolling I feel something trickle down from my head. I use my finger. Blood. 

"Mom, dad are you okay?" I ask. 

"Yeah we are fine. Are you okay?" Dad asks. 

"I don't know. My head really hurts, and a bone in my arm is sticking out." I say.

"Does it hurt sweetie?" Mom asks. 

"No. Everything is really numb, I can't move." I say. 

"Don't move. I am calling 9-1-1." I hear a strangers voice. 

Soon everything around me becomes a blur. 

I hear the firefighters, ambulances, and police sirens coming in the distance. 

"Is everyone okay in here?" I hear a man ask.

"We are fine. My daughter has a hurting head, and her arm has bone sticking out of it, but she said she can't feel it. She is numb, and non-responsive now." My father says. 

"I am perfectly fine sir." My mom says. I can hear the conversation but all of a sudden I can't even speak a word. Mind you the car ended up landing on the roof upside down. 

Firefighters pull my mom and dad out then move to me carefully. 

"Okay, Ms. We are going to slowly move you out." A woman says sweetly. 

I nod my head because that is all I can really do. 

When I am out the EMT carries me to the stretcher on the road, but before anything else happens, all I can remember is the world going black.

-Taylor's POV-

"What's up bro?" Cameron asks coming into my house.

"Hey man." I say. 

"You down to go to the very first college party of the season in a couple weeks homie?" 

"Hell yeah. Sounds good." I say turning on the T.V. 

"Breaking News, 

In Princeton, Indiana there was a major car accident. Drunk driver Timothy Caniff, had been driving and hit a family who had been on their way home from picking up their youngest daughter from a birthday party. As of now everyone is okay except Jinx Rowland. Injuries have been reported as major. Jinx is 17, and will be attending college in a few weeks in Los Angeles. 

For the time being all we know is she is in critical condition. Please pray that she makes it through this. Stay tuned." A lady on the news says. Timothy Caniff. My father...

"You okay bro?" Cam asks. 

"I don't think so. My dad was driving drunk. He may have just killed an innocent gi-" I'm cut off by Hunter running in screaming and crying. 

"Hunter bro what's wrong?" I ask.

"My sister. That's my little sister bro! She's gonna die." He screams. 

"That was your sister!?" I yell. He nods not even saying anything. None of us in MAGCON have actually met Jinx. She is a fan but is too shy to meet us, and Hunter won't force her. 

"Go pack your bags, we are taking a road trip. You need to go see your sister and I have an idiot ass father to pay a visit to." I say standing up and walking to my room. 

-10 hours later-

-Jinx's POV-

I wake up to a group of people talking. I then see my big brother Hunter. 

"Hunter." I croak. The group of strangers stop talking and look at me. Hunter rushes to my side and grabs my hand. My brother who I haven't seen in 2 years due to traveling has showed up.

"Jinxie. You're awake. How do you feel?" He asks tears running down his face. 

"Numb. So numb." I say barely above a whisper. I can barely even speak. I look at my left arm and see that it's in a cast. 

"What do you remember?" A young boy asks. He looks a little older than Hunter though. 

"Telling my mom and dad about the party, then the car rolling. I also remember that a person said don't move he was calling 9-1-1 but he sounded drunk. At that time I was responsive but when everyone arrived, I wasn't responsive, and I was numb then. I remember the firefighters talking to my parents and getting us all out, but everything went black after that." I say. He pulls up another chair and carefully grabs my hand. 

Hunter looks at him protectively. 

"Who are all of these men Hunter?" I ask. 

"My friends, and your idols." 

"My idols?" I ask confused.

"MAGCON."

"What's that?" I ask. They all look at me shocked.

"I'm joking." I laugh. "Glad to meet you guys. I know I have been super shy to meet you."

"Nice to finally meet you too friend." Taylor says. I pull my hand away from Hunter's and shake Taylor's outstretched hand. He hugs me gently. 

"We are so glad that you're okay. Hunter was a mess." Cameron says.

"Where is mom and dad?" I ask Hunter.

He looks at the others, then back at me. 

"They died after all of you arrived at the hospital last night." He says. Tears begin to pour out of my eyes. Colby gives me a hug. I cry into his shoulder, then Hunter hugs me. 

"So now what I am I going to do? I have no where to go..It's not like I have a way of taking care of myself, because well you know I have a broken arm and leg." I scream. 

"You are coming to live with me. The guys and I will take great care of you I promise." Hunter says. 

"What?"