Chapter 12: Just Smile, Bitch

It has been a couple weeks since the whole Colby and I argument of the fling ordeal. I decided that maybe ignoring him is best because I don't do the whole awkward situation shit. 

"Good morning bitch!" Trey yells as I walk down the stairs. 

"Good morning dick. What are you doing here?" I ask laughing. Oh Trey and I are on that level of friendship. 

"Just wanted to come see how you were holding up. I know that you loved Colby." He says looking down at the floor. 

"I think I am going to be fine. I know I hurt right now but I will be okay." I say. 

"Just smile, bitch." He laughs. 

"Just smile, bitch." I smile. I love Trey. He is an amazing friend. He is always finding a way to come see me just to make sure I am okay. 

My phone then dings. 

Twitter from Colby. It was a picture of him and some other chick.

"Missing my lady. She is too sweet, have a great tour in Africa baby, I love you." It says. 

"Hey, does Colby have a girlfriend now?" I ask. 

"Yeah. They have been together for like 3 years now but she has been on tour for a few months." 

"Why didn't anybody tell me this, he has been cheating on her!" I scream. 

"Because she already knows, her take on it is when shes gone she cant give him anything so she says have fun with new girls. They are in a open relationship kind of. Thing is when she is here they don't mess with anyone else, They stay loyal to each other when she is around." Trey says. I nod. 

"I'm definitely not okay with that. He asked me what we were, the day I came clean to everyone." I say. 

His eyes widen then he clutches his stomach. He begins spitting up blood. 

"TREY!!!!" I scream running to him. His eyes begin to get heavy. I pull out my phone and call 9-1-1. 

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" 

"Yes hi, my name is Jinx Rowland and my best friend Trey was spitting up blood and has gone unconscious. Please help!" I cry. 

"I am sending an ambulance your way." She says. She asks all these questions until the EMTs arrive. 

I ride with Trey in the ambulance and call all of the guys including Colby. 

They meet us at the hospital. I call Trey's girlfriend and sister but they don't answer. I leave a message for both of them and wait to hear from them.

"We have to undergo an emergency surgery. Mr. Schafer may or may not make it." The Dr. says. I begin to cry. I hug Taylor first because he is closest to me. 

Please God do not let me lose Trey. He is my best friend God please don't do this to me. I need him. He needs me. Please Lord I beg you!!" I pray silently while crying into Taylor's chest. 

-8 hours later-

"Mr. Schafer is going to be just fine. From what we saw he had some kind of poison in his system that has been there for a few days. A few of his organs were failing but we got the poison out of his system so his organs are doing fine again. You may see him when ready." He says walking off. I walk into the room the guys all following me. 

Trey is still sleeping from the anesthetics they gave him before surgery but he should wake any minute now. 

I feel tears pouring out of my eyes. 

Suddenly a hand grabs mine. I look up and see Trey smiling at me. 

"Trey!" I say hugging him tightly. I cry into his shoulder. He hums sweetly so that I will calm down a little bit.

"I'm okay, its gonna be okay. Remember what I told you Jinxie." 

"I know." I say. 

"Just smile, bitch." 

"Just smile, bitch." I repeat.