Chapter 6: California pt 2

The next morning I wake up in a vehicle. I look over to see Colby driving. Taylor and Tristan are in the back seat sleeping. Tristan is adorable, Taylor is too, but I just don't like him...I mean honestly maybe I shouldn't be like this to him though. 

"Do you think I should apologize to Taylor for acting this way towards him. He isn't the one that did this to me, his dad did." I ask Colby. 

"If you think that's best then yes I do." 

"Then that's what I will do when we get to California." I say. 

"So tell me something about you love." Colby says putting his hand on my left thigh. 

I move his hand off of my thigh. 

"Nothing you don't already know. Hunter has probably told you everything he knows." I say looking at him. 

"I mean he never really talked about you that much. I wanna know more about you." He says. 

"Nothing to tell." I say looking out the window. 

"Jinxie." Tristan says waking up. 

"Hey sweet pea. How did you sleep?" 

"Good. Are your boo-boos okay?" 

"Yes buddy. They're okay." I smile. 

I have been in Tristan's life since he was born, and I love the kid like my own really. He is just the sweetest little guy ever. 

Taylor opens his eyes and avoids eye contact with me. When we stop to use the bathroom Colby takes Tristan inside to use the bathroom and I crawl into the backseat. I pull Taylor into a hug. 

"I don't dislike you. It's not your fault this happened to me and I am sorry for being a bitch to you." I say.

"I don't want to be your friend. You don't like me because my dad did this to you. Lets keep it that way." He says.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm trying to apologize for the way I have been acting Taylor. I can't stand the way I was towards you. I feel shitty for it and want to be friends." I say. He rolls his eyes. Colby and Tristan come out. 

"Can I sit in the back with you Jinxie?" Tristan asks. I smile.

"Sure you can buddy." I say. He climbs in the back, then Taylor goes up front. We begin to get back on the move because we have about an hour left. 

"So did you guys make up?" Colby asks. 

"No." Taylor and I say. 

"I thought you were going to." Colby says confused. 

"I tried but he wanted to be a stubborn ass." I say looking out the window as Tristan lays down in my lap and falls asleep. 

"Oh. What happened?" He asks.

"Just stop Colby. Don't fucking push it dude." I say. 

"Sorry. I just wanted to know." He says ignoring me too. 

-Colby's POV-

God Jinx is such a bitch. I know that her parents died, and she is mad at Taylor's dad but like come on now woman. 

She doesn't have to be bitchy at me because I wanted to make sure she was okay. Hunter is cool but his sister is such a fucking ass. 

Maybe that is why she doesn't have any friends. She is rude to people. She pushes them away when they try to get close. 

She is gonna make a lot of enemies in MAGCON if she keeps this shit up. Nobody is going to like her, and I don't really blame Hunter for treating her like shit these past 2 years. 

"Jinxie? Are you okay?" Tristan asks. 

"Yeah buddy I'm okay. Go back to sleep." She says gently. At least she is nice to one of us. 

"Then why are you crying?" He asks. 

"Because I was mean to someone." She says looking at me then back out the window. 

"Did you say sorry?" He asks. 

"Not yet. I will soon." She says playing with his hair. He sits up and hugs her.

"They will forgive you I promise." He says laying back down. She looks at Taylor. Her face goes blank then she looks back out her window for the rest of the trip.