"Do I love him?"

Lucy and the boys have been on tour for two months now and are finally heading to Chicago. When the plane landed, Lucy started rambling about Mairin and how the boys HAD to meet her. Finally, their manager agreed to give them an extra day to rest before their concert in 6 days. They settled into the hotel rather quickly, and Lucy immediately dragged them out again. Jin drove the 2 hours to Michigan, where Mairin was studying to be an RN. Lucy quickly texted Mairin telling her where to meet them. They went to a cafe down the road from Mairin's school and waited for her. Shortly after Mairin walked in and waved, Lucy scooted over so she could sit next to her. Mairin noticed Lucy had gotten worse since she was in Korea but noticed fewer new cuts, just more scars than there used to be. Mairin gave her a small smile and hugged her. Lucy released the hug and introduced Mairin to the boys. Lucy smiled when Namjoon was suddenly at a loss for words.

"So, Mairin, how's school going" Mairin shrugged, and Namjoon spoke up. "Remember, study hard and don't skimp on sleep," Mairin smiled "okay," Lucy smiled again. This time Jeongguk spoke up, "um, Mairin can I talk to you privately real quick?" Mairin nodded and followed Jeongguk outside. "She looks better," Mairin said, slightly sad. "She was terrible when I found her. She didn't want to live much longer" Jeongguk hugged himself "she has fewer cuts than she did when she was still here, though, so that's good" he nodded, "I'll keep you updated on her. Here's my number" Mairin smiled "thank you." They returned to join the others who were quietly sitting drinking their drinks. "Mairin doesn't sit down. I want to talk with you now" Lucy stood up and dragged Mairin back outside. "I don't care what you to talk about, but I do want you to help me out with something that may or may not have anything to do with him" Mairin nodded and motioned for her to continue. "I made a promise more to myself than him that I was going to stop, and you and I both know that the people I have made that promise to in the past got pissed when I couldn't keep it. I'm keeping it now why," Lucy started crying "why couldn't I before" Mairin hugged her "because he is showing you love and support, Lucy, the people you made promises to in the past other than Matt Matt and me didn't show you that." Mairin wiped away Lucy's tears and smiled. "But I didn't keep my promise to you two either" "no, Lucy, but what you did do was decide not to try again." She nodded and glanced back at the boys. "Do  I love him?" Mairin shrugged "maybe, but what I do know is that he loves you. Why do you think he needs you?" She nodded again "let's go back in" Mairin smiled and led the way back to the table. They finally finished their drinks, and Mairin had to leave, so they headed back to the hotel after walking Mairin home. 5 days went by in a blur, and it was finally the night of the concert. Lucy managed to get the staff to agree to let Mairin join her backstage. The boys performed a few songs and brought to their speaking portion. Namjoon said that just because BTS has female friends doesn't mean to hate on them. Then it was Jeongguk's turn, and he looked backstage at Lucy. "Guys, I have a friend who needs support from you guys. Please go on Instagram and look up lucy_love. It's private, but send a follow request and show her some love." When Jeongguk motioned for her to come out on stage, Lucy felt a tear roll down her cheek. She slowly walked out when she realized all her cuts were exposed. Lucy turned to go back, but the fans erupted into awes, and Jeongguk started chanting her name, which the fans joined. She finally joined the boys, where she stood crying while Jeongguk wrapped his arm around her waist. "This is lucy; you probably already know her since all of us boys have seen some of your hate comments" she hid her face feeling small and helpless in front of all the fans. "So how about we show her love" Jeongguk smiled and pulled her hands away. When the fans saw her crying, they erupted into awes again. Jungkook hugged Lucy and was soon joined by the other members when hoseok yelled, "GROUP HUG!!"