"I won't let you"

Lucy sat on the roof, waiting for the van to pull away, but it never did. She started growing impatient then she heard the door open. Lucy stood up quickly and turned around to see Jeongguk standing there. "Lucy," she closed her eyes. "I won't let you jump," she laughed "why not? I'm worthless." Jeongguk was shocked. "Lucy, you're not worthless, believe me." She rolled her eyes. "Jeongguk, the school year is almost over, and when it ends, I have to go home anyway." Jeongguk sighed " I don't care" he took a step closer to her. "You realize that I had to hide the fact that I was pregnant from my family to keep from being disowned. So that's the family I have to go back to."

Jeongguk nodded "but Lucy, you don't have to go back forever" Lucy looked at him. "I know I don't, but I have to go back to tell my family that A. I'm married and B. That I'm just there to grab the last of my things to bring back." he nodded again "you don't understand, Jeongguk. My family hates me. That's why they sent me here, to begin with, and telling them I'm happy will cause them to lose it, and they will try to destroy everything I love." Jeongguk shook his head "then you don't need to go back to get your things. I'll have Mairin send them to us."

Lucy laughed. "Lucy, remember when we first met, and I told you that you were helping just as much as I was helping you?" "Yeah, and I said I thought I was just annoying you." he nodded. "I never told you how you were helping me" she carefully sat down. "Lucy, ever since I was a young boy, my parents fought, so when I told them I auditioned to be an idol with bighit, the fighting got worse because they wanted two different things for me. I lost all contact with my family. When I met you, I realized that I didn't have it so bad that I caused physical pain to myself. I felt bad for you and wanted to show you that the world wasn't such a cruel place. As I was showing you the pretty side of the world, you were showing me love that I missed having in my life." Lucy was in tears and slowly slid off the edge of the roof. "if you jump, then I lose the one thing that gave me happiness. You." She jumped up and ran to him. He wrapped his arms around her. "The day I first met you, I was going to go back to my dorm and try to OD on my depression meds" Lucy shook her head. "I'm glad you didn't" he hugged her closer to him and let tears roll down his cheeks. After a few minutes of standing there like that, they went back to the apartment they were staying. Jeongguk ripped up the note Lucy had left and then threw it away. She sat on the couch and hugged her knees; Jeongguk walked over and put his arm on her shoulders. "Jeongguk, what did you see in me? I mean, when you first saw me." "I saw a girl whose world was far more broken than mine, and I wanted to help her piece it back together so she could smile, truly smile." Lucy put her legs down, leaned on his shoulder, and whispered a small thank you.