Rooftop

Not a couple..yet

Raven stood on the edge of the tower. Eyes closed with the cool morning breeze blowing through her hair. The rising sun reflected off her amethyst eyes. She enjoyed the isolation of the roof in the morning. Watching the sunrise, the promise of a new day. Yes, she loved alone time but there was one person who she made an exception for. Speaking of, "Hello Raven." Came a voice from behind the empath. She looked over her shoulder to see the newest Robin walking towards her. "Hey" she replied calmly. Damian quietly stood beside her, watching the sunrise. "Raven?" Damian said trying to get the empaths attention. She turned her head and looked at the boy wonder. "Yes?"
"What would happen if you were to show emotion?" She stared into his emerald green eyes, "Destruction. But if there was someone or something that could calm these emotions, then I could feel more." Raven looked at the ocean before she felt a hand gently pull her attention away from the water. "And..what do you feel around me?" Damian asked her before she questioned him, "Why do you need to know?" He could tell that the question was genuine. She wasn't trying to be snarky but she was confused. "It..it doesn't matter. Could you just answer my question?" He slightly snapped at her. Raven took a deep breath before she pulled her hood down. Revealing her face to the sun she said, "Honestly, you make me feel calm. I feel like I can control my emotions while feeling them." Damian looked at her surprised, "You really feel like that?" She nervously nodded.
They stood in silence for a few minutes. Damian nonchalantly looked down at her hand and he realized it was closer to his own than he thought. So he took advantage of the opportunity and brushed his hand against hers then he intertwined their fingers. Much to his surprise, her grip tightened up around his. "How does this make you feel?" Damian asked her quietly. "Nervous.." She also responded quietly as a subtle blush crept on to her face. Suddenly Damian pulled the girl towards him. They were close but the closeness wasn't uncomfortable for her. "I've been trying to deny this for a while. Neither of us can feel freely, but I cannot get rid of this intense emotion." Damian said as Raven looked up at him confused. "What emotion Damian?" He started to blush as his face lowered closer to hers. "Love." He stated flat out. "Every time I see you my heart hurts in a good way. If that's even possible. When you get hurt..all I want to do is kill whoever did it. I know how much you don't like hugs so on the occasions when Garfield does I get.. angry." He trailed off. "Damian stop talking." Raven said to the now surprised son of Batman. She cupped his chin with her hand and brought his face closer to hers. Then he felt something soft against his lips. It took him a few seconds before he realized that she was kissing him. As a reaction to it he deepened the kiss. Her hand came up to his hair, which she started to run her fingers through. Damian had one hand rested on her lower back and the other on her neck. The two stayed in the kiss for a few more seconds before pushing away for air. Amethyst eyes stared into emerald lovingly before Damian spoke, "Raven, I love you. Even if you don't feel the same I-" She cut him off, "I love you too. Possibly more than you think." A tear of joy made its way down Damian's unmasked face. "Why are you crying Damian?" Raven asked him. He quickly wiped it away before saying, "I'm not. Just something in my eye." Raven smiled at his attempt to cover up his tear. "I need to ask you a serious question." "Of course." Damian deep a breath before he asked her the question that would either make or break his dignity, "Will you be mine?" Damian didn't get the reaction he hoped for. No, it was better than he hoped for. Without warning, Raven jumped into his arms which caused the two to fall over the edge of the tower. Luckily Raven caught them before they plummeted to their deaths.
Now back on the roof, they kissed again. The two didn't even hear the door open or notice that Garfield, Jaime and Kori had ran up to the roof. "We saw you two fall and-" Kori cut herself off when she realized that the half demon and bat brat were kissing. "Aww" Garfield and Jaime said together as the new couple pulled apart quickly. Both were blushing up a storm; Raven pulled her hood up and Damian hid his face on his new girlfriends shoulder. "Sorry amigos, we just thought we'd check on you since you both..fell off the tower." Jaime clarified nervous that Damian would kill them. "It's fine Bug. And before any of you ask, yes we are together. But you can't tease us about it." Damian said as he looked at Garfield when he said the last part of his explanation. The changeling laughed awkwardly, "Yeah..sure thing dude." Kori then excused them and all three went back into the tower.
Damian turned to Raven with a somewhat disappointed expression. "What?" She asked him. "I like you better with your hood down." He stated. "Why?"  "Because it hides your beautiful face." Raven looked down trying to hide her blush as her boyfriend pulled her hood down. "Thank you" she said rather quietly. Damian chuckled at her shyness. "Anything for you, beloved."