Storms

Raven had never been a fan of storms. Mainly because the sound reminded her of things she heard in hell. Of course, she didn't mind rain-but she hated thunder and lightning. She had never told anyone about this fear. And when it did storm, she'd keep the fear to herself. So when she showed up to her boyfriends room at midnight, it came to a bit of a surprise.

           Damian heard a loud knock at his door, which caught his attention considering the aggressive thunder outside. Slowly and reluctantly he got up from his comfortably warm bed to open the door. The assassin was greeted with the sight of an 'on the verge of tears' Raven. "My love, what's wrong? Did something hurt you?" He carefully placed his large hands on her cold face. A small tear ran down her pale face. "No-" "Then why are you crying Rae?"

              Before she answered the question, a loud burst of lightning struck near the tower. Thunder following after its friend. With the crash, Raven jumped and threw herself into Damian hoping for protection. "Oh, I understand now." Damian realizes as he picks her up and closed his bedroom door.

              The ebony haired boy set his girlfriend down on his bed, immediately turning his bed side lamp on. Putting his hands on her shoulders he realized how much her body was shaking. "Darling, you're fine, I promise. I will not let anything harm you; not even nature itself." She felt her body jump from the bed upon hearing another boom of thunder.

                Raven glanced up at him with glossy eyes and pink stained cheeks. His face reassured her. She snaked her trembling arms around his warm neck, her nostrils taking in his familiar smell. "Why didn't you tell me you were afraid of storms?" Batman's son inquired, obviously curious.  "It never-" A flash of lightning struck her ability to finish. "C'mon my love." He trailed off, getting impatient.

           "It never crossed my mind until now." Her usually monotonous voice held a hint of uncertainty. Damian playfully rolled his eyes, "We both know that's a lie, dear." Raven plainly shrugged at his observation.

               His tone became a slight more serious when she started to shiver and cry more as the storm became worse. Getting an idea from her shirt; which was pulled down on one side, giving plain view to her shoulder, he pulled her loose workout bra strap down. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked through the raging storm. "Calming down my girlfriend."

                He stuck his lips onto to hers for a minute then slowing migrated down. Giving her jawline and neck, warm, loving pecks-of course, careful not to leave behind a trail of hickies as he went. His left hand held her left shoulder, rubbing heart shapes into her clothed skin. His lips slowly peppering her shoulder with kisses. Raven moaned in contentment as her boyfriend's actions distracted her from the storm.

       With one last and final kiss to her shoulder he pulled the strap back up. "Thank you." She trailed off, beginning to get tired. "Anything for you, baby girl."