Chapter 18

Grace

Its finally the end of the day. There is only one more week left before the dance and the first football game.

I'm leaning against Shane's car since he never gave me the keys before he went to the locker room to shower. I flip through my book, finally for once having the chance to read it. About ten minutes later Shane approaches, swinging the keys on his index finger.

I smile. "Took you long enough."

He chuckles unlocking the car. "I had to get cleaned and freshened up just for you." He winks throwing his bag in the backseat and getting in the car.

I climb in the car ignoring his joke. "Hey listen I was wondering if you wanted to help me prank Ryan? You don't have to but I just thought it would be fun."

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'll help you! Any chance to prank your brother man, it's like a wish come true!"

I struggle to contain my joy. "Great!" I slap my thighs. "Now we need a plan, do you by chance have any ideas."

He grins. "I might have something in mind."

~|~

I frown. "What are we doing here?"

"We're here to get supplies. Come on."

I shrug and follow behind him. As soon as we step into the store he grabs my hand leading me to the arts and crafts.

"What are we doing in this section?"

He tugs my hand. "Just trust me."

We stop in front of a few bottles of glue. He grabs the biggest bottles, then motions me to do the same. As we approach the self checkout I remember I ran out of licorice.

"Hey, I'll be back I'm gonna go get some licorice." I walk away, before he can say anything since I didn't bring any money I'll make him pay, but I'll probably pay him back later.

I run through the aisles until I find the right one. I go directly to the strawberry licorice but I also see some Hershey kisses. I grab both of them, holding them in my hands debating Which one to take home. I could just take both but if I have to pay Shane back I don't have enough money for both.

"Hmm hard choice. I would go with the licorice."

I glance to my right only to see David, Camille's brother. He has a shopping cart filled with a lot of food and a few necessities.

As to not be rude, I greet him.

"Oh hi David!"

"Hello Grace, I'm surprised you remember me."

"Well you did help me out with the whole cupcake thing, sorta."

He chuckles. "It's not everyday someone chokes on a cupcake." He glances at my hands. "Like I said licorice would be my choice especially if it's strawberry."

I smile. "Mine too. Strawberry licorice is my favorite." I happily put the chocolates back hugging the bag of licorice to my chest.