Chapter 26

Shane

I close the door behind me sighing heavily. She shut me down before I could even confess what I feel for her. I didn't even confess my love to her and she let me go. I want to scream. I want to punch everything. I wish I could go back in time. I would have not done what I did. Why did I kiss Camille?

I kick the wheel. "Ugh I have ruined everything!"

"Shane?"

I swivel around, my hands are fists at my side. Sarah looks confused as she walks up the driveway with a bag full of licorice and chocolates in her hand.

"Sarah. I need to talk to you" I can feel the adrenaline as it courses through my veins "Come with me?"

She points to the door. "But I told Grace I would meet her."

"Sarah. Please. Get in the car." I don't wait for her to answer. I get in my car and start the engine. I watch her as she debates her decision. When finally, she walks to the passenger side.

She glares at me and throws the bag of food in the back before buckling herself in. "What do you want to talk about Shane? Oh wait, I have an idea? Why don't we talk about how you fucked up?" She says brightly

I run a hand through my hair not caring how messed up it looks. "Don't you think I know that? I have already beat myself up about it."

"Really? I mean what the hell Shane?! You confess you love Grace and that you always have, then there you are kissing Camille like she's your freaking oxygen!"

I punch the steering wheel. "I got jealous okay? It's a normal thing! I didn't know that Grace was just there as a friend! Not until David told me" I finish quietly.

"Why don't you just tell Grace how you feel Shane? You have just been tiptoeing around this. It's getting old."

I sigh. "I already did. Well no, I tried but she didn't let me finish. Look" I pause "Camille asked me out. I don't want to lead her on. So that's why I wanted to talk to Grace. To see if there was any chance between us and she let me go " I shrug "it's time for me to move on"

Sarah stays quiet. It's not until I've driven around the block until she says something. "Take me back to Graces." She looks at me. "Do what you want to do. Date Camille? Do it. But stop getting jealous when Grace wants to date a guy. As her best friend you're suppose to be there for her."

I stop the car in front of Graces house. Sarah grabs the bag from the back seat. She gives me one last look, unbuckles her seatbelt, opens the door then slams it walking away.

I clench my jaw. She's right. I have to be a supporting friend to Grace not a jealous asshole. And now she won't have to worry about that. I slowly press on the gas and drive to my next location.