Elizabeth's house

Hey guys,please vote/comment I wanna know how I’m doing,feel free to give me suggestions. (: Btw that's Bugger to the right >>> :D

 Chapter 2-

I saw my mom standing still near the window, her back was to us, so I don’t think she noticed us coming into the room. She was still in her pajamas and in just her bra, I noticed that she had scratches all over her back and her skin wasn’t tanned anymore, it was really pale and to be honest it didn’t look like a normal person’s skin. I looked around the room and realized that it was messy, as if a storm had passed through here. I was too lost in my thoughts when Caden spoke up ‘’ Marie, there is something horrible happening outside, me and Eli saw-’’. He didn’t even get to finish when my mom turned around so fast, when she did, I noticed her eyes were blood red and she let out a loud snarl, before I could say or do anything, she started running towars us. If Caden wouldn’t have grabbed my arm and dragged me outside I don’t know what my mom would have done to me.  All of a sudden I hear something break, I looked back and my mom was on the floor. My brother had hit her in the head with a flower base.

‘’W-why did y-you do that? Y-you hurt our mother’’ I stammered.  My brother gave me a confused look and then he spoke. “Why?! Are you serious Eli? She was about to kill you, just like my dad did to her’’  I didn’t know what to say, this was just crazy.

‘’What do you mean? And where’s your dad?’’Caden asked.

‘’I woke up and heard a lot of noise in my parent’s bedroom, and when I opened my door, I saw my dad running after my mom, he got to her, my mom kicked him but when he fell, he bit her calf. They didn’t notice me so I closed my door and tried to digest what I just witnessed’’.

‘’So you didn’t help mom?! You let my dad do whatever he did to her, and you just went back to your room to isolate yourself!?’’ I yelled. I don’t even know why I was yelling at my fifteen year old brother. He just had saved my life from god knows what.

‘’Hey, calm down Elli, your brother just saved your life’’ Caden said.

‘’Don’t worry about it, just let her calm down’’ My brother said.

‘’I thin-“ I was cut off my a sudden loud banging on my parents bathroom door. It was locked I guess, all three of us looked at each other, and I swallowed and finally was able to say something. ‘’I think that’s our dad’’.

‘’Yeah, it is him, mom probably locked him there while she could’’ My brother said.

‘’Wait, have you checked the news?” Caden asked.

“Yeah, this is a chaos. It’s all over the news, and they said this is a contamination that apparently developed this morning when two people at the police station, started throwing up and fainted and then woke up the same way our parents did” Bugger said while stopping to catch his breath. “They said that they’re out of control and killing them is the only choice to stop them. The easier ways to kill them is to damage the brain or ripping their heads off’’ He finished.

‘’So, that means we have to kill our own parents’’ I said in almost a whisper.

‘’Eli, they are not our parents anymore, okay? They got contaminated with this virus and this is what happened to them’’ My brother said, while pointing down at the body lying on the floor. The body that used to belong to our mother.

‘’How old are you again? Because your words are pretty mature for a fifteen year old’’ Caden said.

‘’I’m the only brother my sister has, and I’m acting like it’’.

‘’Dude chill, I was just saying, damn’’ Caden said.

‘’Well you should think before you speak’’.  Caden and my brother never have liked each other, which is annoying because they can never have a normal conversation. I finally was on my senses now and I felt a little better.

‘Guys, don’t start fighting now, not in this situation, especially when my dad is there trying to get out and harm us’’ I said.

‘’You mean ‘our’ dad Eli’’ My brother said, correcting me. I sighed. Did it really matter anymore?.

“Whatever’’ I replied.

“Wait, so we are just going to open the door and see what we can do? Or are we going to prepare properly, so we can defend ourselves?’’ Caden said.

‘’You’re right” Was all I said.

Caden and I  went back to my room, to grab two of the bag packs I had kept since I was in high school. We decided we would move down to our basement, just in case someone broke into a house looking for shelter or contaminated people breaking into our house too. We would take the things we need the most with us. Such as clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, personal items,  all that kind of stuff. We agreed that Caden’s backpack was going to be filled with food, and drinks. My brother is supposed to be doing the same thing, but I don’t feel comfortable letting him alone anymore.

“I’m going to go check on my brother’’ I said.

‘’Wait, I’m going with you’’ Caden said.

“Okay’. We got to my brother’s room, only to see him looking for something under his bed.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I’m looking for my Ipod, but I can’t find it” I remembered I took it and put it inside his drawer so he wouldn’t know I took it.

“Look in your drawer, maybe it’s there, most of your stuff is always there” I said. He gave me that ‘I know you took it’ look, that’s why you know where it is. I managed to laugh even in this situation. He just looked at me while opening his drawer and taking the Ipod from it.

“I knew you took it” He said.

“I didn’t say anything”.

“You didn’t have to” He replied while glaring at me.

“Are you guys going to fight over a damn Ipod?’’ Caden asked, clearly annoyed.

“Hey! it has my favorite music in it, it’s not just any regular Ipod” My brother whined.

“Same difference dude”.

“Shut up Caden, I’m special” My brother said. I felt like laughing all of a sudden.

“Hahaha!, define special brother” I said in between laughs. Caden joined after a second and my brother was just looking at us, with embarrassment on his face.

“Hey, it’s fine dude, everybody has their ‘special’ moments” Caden laughed.

“Okay, you guys can stop making fun of me now’’ My brother said, giving us a blank face.

I stopped laughing and recovered myself ’’Are you done yet?’’ I asked.

“Yea, I just need to put my toothbrush in, then I’m done”. By the time we were all finished, and already had our weapons, Caden was holding a baseball bat, I was holding a golf pole and my brother had a hockey pole.

We started to get closer to the bathroom where my dad was supposed to be. Caden was about to open the door when something happened.