She's Complicated, But I Love Her

Chapter 11-

I saw Mike’s face, and gasped covering my now open mouth with my hand. He had a black eye and a busted lip; he didn’t look good at all. He either got attacked by some infected, or he had gotten into a fight with Caden.

“Oh My God” I said, walking over to him and my brother. “What happened?” I asked bugger.

“Apparently he and Caden got into a fight” He said. “Well, more like Caden beat him up” He added.

Mike didn’t want to meet my eyes, guilt washed over me. Caden probably hit him because of me. I kneeled beside him, so I could be at his eye level. He turned his head, looking at everything but me.

“Look at me” I said, my voice cracking a little. “What happened?” I asked him.

**Mike’s POV**

“Look at me” She told me. And then she asked, “What happened?”. I still didn’t want to look at her beautiful face. I was trying hard for her forgiveness; I even got to the point of hurting myself badly. I couldn’t stand her being mad at me. I know I was a total dick to her before, but the jealousy got the best of me. I hated the feeling of her having feelings for someone else, or her being in someone else’s arms.

I looked at her and she looked beautiful as always. I will never regret falling in love with her. My first love I would say.  I could tell she was worried about me; I smiled on the inside for that. At least I knew she cared about me.

I decided to play hard to get, so I just responded with a simple, “Nothing”.

I could see the hurt in her eyes, but it disappeared as soon as it came. She just looked at me for a moment as if she was thinking hard about what to say to me next.

“So you’re not gonna tell me what happened” She said to me. Of course I wanted, as much as I wanted to hold her in my arms right now, but I knew that if I messed up, she would not forgive me.

“I don’t think you care” I told her, looking at her right in her eyes, so she could see I wasn’t telling her just to be rude.

“I-I do” She stammered.

“Oh, but not as much as I would if you were in my situation” I told her, trying to make her think.

“Can you just tell me what happened?, I am….worried” She said.

“I thought you were mad at me” I told her, hoping she would just give up and kiss me.

“You’re right” She told me. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t worry about you” She finished. “Now, are you telling me what happened, or you want to keep it to yourself?” She asked me.

Damn, she was so complicated sometimes; I know she wants to kiss me as bad as I want to kiss her. “Caden beat me up, that’s it” I said.

“Why would he do that?” She asked me.

“Because I was a jerk to you” I told her. She looked surprised and then her expression changed into a guilty one.

“It’s not your fault” I told her.

“Oh really?, if I hadn’t told him about our “fight” then he wouldn’t have gotten mad at you” She said.

“Sometimes things happen that are not in our control” I said, looking at her.

She looked at me and I saw her thinking whether to lean in or not. So I started leaning a little. And I reminded myself that I was supposed to get her to forgive me not to kiss me so I did something.