Not In The Mood For Arguing

Chapter 24-

**Mike’s POV**

I saw that Elli  got the worried look on her face when I just looked at her and didn’t answer.

 “Don’t talk” I heard Amanda say. Wasn’t she unconscious?.

She came over to me and took hold of my neck. I closed my eyes, because it hurts.

“It’s swollen, you’ll probably get a bruise” She said. “Don’t try to talk at least in the next three hours” She added.

 “Oh, and I’ll bandage that for you” She said, pointing at the cut I made in my left arm.

 I just forced a smile, in a way of saying thanks.

*****Three Hours Later******

“So you’re feeling better man?” Caden asked me.

“Yeah” I managed to say.

We were now walking on the side of the street. There was a forest on both of our sides, but we knew better than going in there.

We were carrying the two big bags loaded with guns, and the bag packs that we somehow loaded into the trucks with food and medical supplies.

Now you may ask, why are we walking if we have the other car?.

See the infected, aren’t as stupid as they seem, someone spread broken glass all over the road, so the tires were slashed, and that’s the only reason of why I couldn’t move the car out of the way on time.

Stupid bastards.

“Earth to Michael?” Elli’s words snapped me out of my thoughts. Why the hell did she keep calling me by my full name?. I hate that.

“Huh?” I said.

She rolled her eyes at me and said, “I said, if you’re feeling better now”.

“Yeah” I said.

“Why?” She asked.

I frowned, what was she talking about?. “Why, what?” I asked.

“Why do you keep treating me like this!” She whined.

“Like what?” I said. Where is she coming from?.

She stopped walking and I just kept walking.

“Stop!” She semi yelled.

“What?!” I said. I decided to stop before she attracted infected with her yelling.

She looked behind me and said, “Do you mind?”.

I looked back and saw everyone had stopped and was staring at us. Caden gave me the look of ‘you’re about to get bitched at’.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to see my ‘girlfriend’s’ mad face.

“What are you going on about?” I said. Trying to end this conversation as soon as possible.

“Me? I should be asking you the same thing’’ She said.

“What the hell do I have to do with your sudden mood change?” I told her.

“Everything” She said, looking down at the floor. I knew what she was trying to do.

“Whatever” I said. Turning around, but before I could start walking she had to say the one word I hated the most in my life.

“Coward” She said.

I turned around and glared at her. I could see she wasn’t expecting that reaction from me because she took a step back.