I Officially Hate Forests

Chapter 26-

*Last Chapter*

“Go ahead, I got some business to do, I’ll be right behind you, don’t get yourself killed” I said, and with that he nodded and we touched knuckles and he ran further in the forest.

I hid behind the tree, and the shooting stopped but they were looking for us I knew it.

I was still holding the damn bag with the guns so I took this moment and opened it, getting a few guns for me, in case I had to drop the bag.

I got a ‘Micro Galil’, an ‘MP5K’, and hanged those over my shoulder and then got “S&W 5946’ and a ‘Beretta 92FS’ and put those on my belt.

I then closed the bag, all this in a matter of seconds. I got back up, and Josh and Elli were still hiding. They hadn’t even notice me. If I wasn’t on their side, I could easily kill them and done.

Suddenly a bullet went through the tree they were hiding on, above their heads. Elli screamed and Josh, did what I was expecting him to do. He ran away like a bitch. How many times was that in total?.... I don’t know I lost count. I smiled at myself on how my plan worked perfectly.

I looked back at Caden, and he smiled in return. He then ran off.

********************************

Elli screamed again, and this got the people in the helicopters attention.

They started shooting and I saw Elli sit on the floor with her back on the tree and her face buried in her legs.

I clearly saw when three or four guys fell from the helicopter with the ropes. I’m sure they take their job seriously. Ha.

They were slowly walking further into the forest and one of them was getting closer to where Elli was.

Without thinking twice, I went out and ran to Elli, I grabbed her hand and pulled her over my shoulder. She screamed in the process but sooner or later  she’ll realize that it was me carrying her.

I heard gunshots behind us, I was just praying they wouldn’t shoot Elli. I mean, what was with these guys?. Didn’t they know we were human??.

I somehow managed to keep running, carrying Elli, and the bag, with my guns on my back too.

I don’t know if it was karma, bad luck or I just happened to be clumsy.

But I tripped over a damn rock. When I realized that there was a rock in my way it was too late. We tripped and Elli fell on her back. I just fell flat on my face. I’m surprised none of the guns I had, fired themselves up.

I got up ready to get Elli and keep running, but I saw that one of the men was holding onto her, he was grabbing her by her neck, as if she was a hostage.

I frowned at this. Why the hell were they doing this, if we weren’t infected.

“Let me go!” I heard another voice from my left, I looked over and they had Bugger there. Hell, couldn’t this get more complicated?.

Wait, I saw three men where’s the third one?. Click.

I heard behind me. Damn, the other one was behind me.

“I think there’s someone behind you” The dude that was holding Elli told me, taking off his mask.

“No shit” I said.

“You have um, a little” He trailed off, pointing at his face.

“If you don’t like it, why the hell don’t you take it off my face then” I answered sharply.