Infected, Love, Infected, Oh! Excitement Over a Store

Chapter 27-

*Last Chapter*

“It must be horrible right?” I asked.

“What ?” Josh asked.

“Watching your family die, your baby crying, and your wife failing to protect him” I said.

I saw Josh fall into pieces in front of me. “Don’t you dare to involve them” He said.

“You involve Elli, I involve your family” I said.

“You know what fuck you” He said, and walked ahead of us.

“No sorry I” I trailed off, because I didn’t want ‘people’ to get offended.

“Show’s over” I said. And started walking.

We kept walking for like an hour, and we still were in the forest. I hope we were close.

“Mike” Elli said behind me.

“Finally you learned” I said. She was walking behind me the whole time. Why?. No idea.

“Mike” I heard her again and I turned around. I saw excitement on her face.

****************************************************

When I turned around I saw that her face held excitement.

Before I could react she threw her arms around me, and it took me seconds to hug her back. I felt a lump in my throat but I swallowed it away.

I felt her lose her grip onto me, signaling she was ready to pull back, but I was having none of that. I haven’t been able to hug her like this in a long time. I closed my eyes and breathed her scent. I just wanted time to freeze so I could stay like this with her forever.

I then came back to reality and let her go. She looked at me with such a love in her eyes that it made a chill go down my spine.

She gave me a quick kiss on my lips and then pulled away. “Well, shall we go?” She said.

I smiled at her. It felt like my heart had stopped beating and now that she came back, that it started beating again.

Everyone was so puzzled, especially Kyle. Since he didn’t know anything. I looked over at Josh who’s look told me he wanted to kill me.

Everyone started walking and Elli took my hand and intertwined our fingers. I smiled at her act. I couldn’t wait to be alone with her.

Alone with her?. I thought to myself. I looked in front of me and we were the last ones in the group.

Fuck it, who cares?.

I stopped and she gave me a confused look. Before she could ask, I pressed my lips against hers. She kissed me back, and wrapped her arms around my neck. I cupped her face with my hands and pulled away.

“I love you” I told her truthfully.

I saw her eyes watch me in awe. “I love you too Mike” She said, before pressing her lips to mine again. I then pulled away and hugged her.

“I missed you” I said.

“Me too” She responded. I smiled and gave her a quick kiss on her neck knowing that would provoke her.

I then pulled away completely and seized her hand in mine. I attempted to start walking but then I realized everyone had disappeared from my view. Elli looked at me confused then followed my gaze and she looked shocked. I held her hand tightly not knowing if this was a joke or someone took them.