At Least We Know We're Not The Only Ones~part 1

Chapter 12-

**********

We’ve been here for 3 weeks now, I ended up forgiving Mike and we confessed our feelings for each other and I would say that we are now officially dating. Bugger has been getting along with everybody now, putting Caden in the first place. We ended up finding a whole lot of food in a closet down at the basement. I would say we are living a somewhat normal life, or at least we try to. No infected had been able to go through the doors and we haven’t seen any survivors outside either. I refuse to think that we are the only humans left in the world.

For these 3 past weeks, we’ve been looking out for survivors on the roof, so right now that’s where I was going. I was the last one to wake up so I knew everybody else was on the roof already. I opened then door and I only saw Caden and my brother near the edge of the roof. I walked up to them and Mike was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, guys, have you—“ I cut myself off when I felt Mike’s arms around me.

“Hey baby” He said to me.

I smiled at his gesture. “Good morning” I told him. He tried to kiss me on the cheek so I turned around and gave him a proper kiss.

“Ewww, they’re making out here again” I heard my brother say to Caden.

Mike pulled away and turned to my brother. “Hey, don’t hate just because you don’t have anybody”.

Caden just started chuckling and shaking his head, he had gotten used to me and Mike kissing around him so I don’t think he cares.

 “Who said I wanted to have someone?” My brother said.

“Um, the nights where you think everybody is sleeping and –“ Mike started saying but he stopped when Caden said. “I’m out” and started walking away, obviously he didn’t want to hear anything about that, and neither did I.

“Caden!” I heard bugger call after him. Since Caden ignored him, my brother followed after him.

“Looks like your brother is getting too attached to Caden” Mike said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked him.

He just shrugged and told me to forget it. He then hugged me again, “Now, where were we?” He asked.

“I don’t know” I said. He just rolled his eyes and kissed me. I bit his bottom lip, hard but not enough to get him bleeding. He pulled away grabbing his lip.

“Ouch!, babe, I  hate when you do that” He said.

“Get used to it” I told him.

“I’m gonna get you back for that” He said.

“Yeah, ok” I said rolling my eyes.

We were about to kiss again when we heard someone driving at a very high speed and we heard from screams to growls to guns being fired, we both turned to the street and we saw some people driving a black hummer and an escalade after them, the infected we all over, running trying to flip the vehicles, the people inside the cars had guns and were blowing their heads off, but they’re too many. The basement has some type of garage so we could help them, I was not gonna let them die there.

I looked over at Mike who had disappeared and then I saw him come back with really bright green shirts. I looked at him confused, because there were people down there fighting for their life and Mike here, all he could do was bring bright shirts.

“We’re using this to let them know we’re up here” Mike said. Oh ok, I knew that, that’s why I hate being blonde sometimes.

Caden and bugger burst into the roof door then.

“Did you guys hear that?” They said at the same time, instead of answering them, Mike handed them a green shirt, they had the same look that I had a few seconds ago. See?, I’m not the only slow person here. Mike repeated the same thing and they nodded.

We waved the green shirts in the air and screamed all kinds of stuff, to get their attention.

“HEY!”, “OVER HERE!”, “WE”RE HERE!”, “UP HERE”, “YOU ASSHOLE OVER HERE!”, why did my brother said that, I have no idea but I guess it could work, since people look at you when they’re being insulted.

We then saw them look up and they waved. They shot the gun at us.

*******************

Well, I know this is a short chapter but at least is something right? .. Vote/Comment if you like the story so far. (: