Love Birds And The Announcement

Chapter 28-

Guys! Remember, that for those of you who want to read the restricted part of last chapter, I already wrote it and it’s on my profile. It is already finished and published :D. Vote, Comment, Fan (: <3 nikki.

************************

**Mike’s POV**

I woke up to the sound of music. I opened my eyes slowly and tried to move but felt someone hugging me. I looked down and saw Elli’s beautiful face. Images of last night came to my mind. It was the most wonderful thing ever. I wasn’t expecting it to happen. But I couldn’t stop myself this time. I hope she doesn’t end up regretting it.

I’m glad she didn’t ask about the music. I really didn’t want to tell her that the reason of why I turned on the radio was because I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing if there was only silence. So, I decided to tell her, it was so people wouldn’t hear her moaning. Which I didn’t give a rat’s ass if they did or not.

How did I end up loving her more than myself. I will take a bullet for her, if it means she’s safe. Hell, I would even die for her. I kept watching her sleep, like a damn stalker, but I couldn’t help it. I don’t think I will ever get tired of looking at her every day.

She was so cute and she looked so peaceful right now. As much as I didn’t want to admit it before, I can’t deny, that I fell in love with this girl sleeping in my arms right now.

Should I tell her, about what I know, and she has no idea about?.

****************************************

**Caden’s POV**

I woke up in the middle of the night yesterday, looking for something to eat, when I heard moaning. Jeez, they had it going on there. I also heard, what. Music?. Ha, classic. I loved that station but then decided to grab something fast and went back to sleep.

I had slept with a pocket knife in my hand in case Josh tried something. I don’t trust him for shit.

I woke up this morning and found everybody else already up, except for the two love birds and Kyle. He’s a good kid.

I saw Rick and Josh playing with some radios.

“What’s that?” I asked. To Rick, because I wasn’t asking Josh.

“You should know by just looking at it” Josh said.

I rolled my eyes, and fought the urge to punch him in the face.

“I wasn’t talking to you, in the first place” I stated with a blank face.

“We found this radio at the back, and we’re trying to pick up the lost signal” Rick said.

I came closer and after a few minutes of trying to figure it out, Rick gave up.

“Doesn’t work” Rick said.

“Here let me see it” Josh and I said at the same time.

Rick looked at us and probably thought Josh was going to break it because he handed it to me.

Josh was about to open his mouth when I stopped him. “Shut up” I said.

I looked at the radio and it was like the one my grandpa had almost 10 years ago, before he died.

After just looking at it for a few minutes, trying to remember how to turn it on, I pressed the button on the side.

It picked up signal and there was this reporter talking.

“Repeat, There is this shelter back at the military P.E base. And we are taking survivors, we have been informed that they have three helicopters left for any survivors that might show up. We will transfer survivors to San Francisco, California, since there is our shelter and there is no infection found. For whoever that might be listening to us or saw our announcement on T.V.. The helicopters leaves four days from now. Once they leave, they will not come back, and whoever stays, it will remain here until they die or gets infected”. The reporter finished.

We all looked at each other and we went from shocked faces to happy faces and happy tears, well Amanda and Bugger.

“Yesss!,” I kept repeating, we were celebrating so much. I was so damn happy. Ha!. I knew we were going to get out of here sometime.

“What the hell are you guys so happy about?” I heard Mike ask.

I turned around to look at him, he was wearing a white tank top and his jeans. He was rubbing his eyes and yawed before giving me a look, waiting for me to answer.

I told him about the radio announcement and his face lit up also. He then walked by me, to go get something and saw he had bloody marks on his back.

“Who did you fight with? A hawk?” I asked amused.

He then turned around and he had a shocked face. And then realization settled into him. I was smirking knowing who had done that but didn’t say anything.

He tried to look back and see it himself but he couldn’t.

He smirked and said, “Get me a mirror”.

We went together to go grab it, and he took a look. He then started chuckling and shaking his head.

I was dying to ask something but was fighting with myself, if I should or shouldn’t.

I noticed him looking at me with a knowing smile.

“What?” I asked.

“Ask” He simply said.

Whatever I gave in. “How was it?” I asked.

He started chuckling and said, “Oh, trust me, it was good ok”.

“I could tell” I chuckled.

“How so?” He asked.

“Um, you didn’t think I didn’t hear her damn moaning, even with the music on” I said.

He looked nervous when I said about the music but decided not to ask.

“Well, that’s what happens when you’re nosy” He smirked.

“Um no, the only reason of why I got up, it’s because I had to go look for something to put in my ears” I joked.

He just laughed. “Is that why you turned on the radio? So no one would hear her?” I pushed.

I saw him get nervous again and nodded.

“Shoot” I said.

“Huh?” He asked, but he knew what I was talking about.

“I said, shoot” I responded.

He then gave up and told me about his little problem. It was kind of funny but I didn’t dare to laugh. He would never trust me with anything ever again.

He looked relieved that he told someone he could trust. And I did feel a little jealous that he has Elli by his side and not me, but I could tell she was happy, so that’s all it matters.

After a few hours, Elli woke up and we informed her about the shelter announcement. She jumped in excitement and ran all over the store. Typical Elli. She was happy for that. Or for something else. Haha.