Two Lovers, One Heart

Hello guys, please vote/comment if you like the story so far. Pic of Caden >>>

Who’s your favorite character so far? 

Team Caden or Team Mike? (:

Chapter 8-

I woke up and felt something sticky on my forehead. I raised my hand to touch it and saw blood on my fingers, million things passed through my mind, I looked over at Caden who was lying down on his stomach, a blood puddle on the pillow he had his head on. I realized the blood was coming from his nose. It must be from the time I punched him back when we were in the basement. My eyes widened, and quickly sat up on the bed.

“Caden” No response. “Caden” I tried again, slapping him lightly on his head. I knew he hated this so this time I got him to mumble something.

“Caden, you’re bleeding, get up” I told him. As soon as he heard me say that, he got up grabbing his nose. He ran to the bathroom and started washing his face. I sighed; feeling bad knowing it was me who messed up his nose. He never had this kind of problem before, the only reason for it was when I punched him.

Looking around, I realized we were the only ones in the room. Caden came out of the bathroom minutes later with a towel on his face.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“About my nose, yeah” He said.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing”

“Tell me”

“No”

“Fine” I said. Annoyed that he wouldn’t tell me what was wrong with him. “But don’t come crying to me when something happens to you. Because you didn’t tell me what was wrong with you” I said crossing my arms.

“I was right” He said, when I started for the bathroom.

“About what?” I asked him, turning around so I could see his face.

“You have changed” He said. “Since that guy Mike introduced himself into our lives, you changed, with me and your brother. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know you think I brainwashed your brother yesterday but I didn’t, that was all him” He finished.

“I have changed? And you’re blaming Mike for it? Caden yeah you’re right, I have changed but not for Mike, this piece of shit of world we now live in changed me. You think that having to witness my parent’s death was easy for me? And now you come and tell me that I have changed for some guy. Apparently you are oblivious to what is happening outside of these walls” I snapped.  I was starting to get pissed with everyone thinking everything was my fault and that I’m different, I was seriously getting tired of it.

Caden just looked at me, not being able to form any words I guess.

“Look Eli, I’m just worried about you” Caden told me. “I just want to let you know that I’m here for you no matter what, but you’re starting to forget about the people that care about you, and who’s responsible for that? Mike perhaps?”.

“No I haven’t, if I’m not wrong, you and my brother are the ones who have been giving me a hard time about everything. And stop blaming Mike, because he has nothing to do with this. It would be the same shit if he wasn’t here. You’re just trying to make me feel bad and guilty for I don’t know what. I’m pretty sure you’re the one who brainwashed my brother too. You got him to hate me” I told him.

“Me? You think I was the one who brainwashed your brother?” He asked, when he saw I wasn’t about to respond he continued, “Damn Eli. That was all him. We started trying on shoes and he just started talking to himself all of a sudden. He started getting mad and walking all around. He was acting really weird. When I asked what was wrong with him, he just ignored me, both times. And then you came out and you guys fought. That’s it, I didn’t do shit” Caden told me. I really didn’t know if I should believe him or not. So I didn’t say anything.

“You don’t believe me do you?” He asked me.

“I’m just so confused about everything now Caden, that I rather not say anything” I told him truthfully.

“I wouldn’t lie to you, Eli, never” I just looked at him and reviewed everything he had just told me.

So I said,” You’re jealous of Mike aren’t you?” He looked at me taken aback by my question.

“Why are you asking me this?”

“I’ll take that as a yes” I said, looking right into his eyes. “Since that day when I punched you, and he kissed me to save your ass, you’ve been jealous”. I knew this was it. He was just jealous, that’s why he was blaming Mike for everything.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” He said, and looking anywhere but me.

“Then look at me and tell me I’m wrong” I said. He looked at me and I felt naked all of a sudden, that’s how deep his look was, as silly as that sounds. I saw him clench his jaw, and I knew he was about to tell me something that wasn’t easy for him to confess. I’ve known him for too many years, to know what his facial expressions are for.

“You want to know the truth? Why I been trying to blame everything on Mike? And why I’ve been so distant from you? Caden asked me.

I didn’t know what to say so I just nodded.

“Because I fell in love with you” Caden said, looking at me straight in the eyes, so I knew he was telling the truth. My breathing stopped for a minute and I didn’t know what to say or do. I just thought he was going to say something different, that he was gay or something but never this! I just sat on the bed, in case I fainted or something. He kneeled in front of me and took my hands into his and continued.

“Yeah, as hard that is to believe, I am in love with you, and I can’t help it. And yes, you were right, I was and still am, jealous of Mike, because I know you guys have gotten close, and I’m not stupid I know that you both like each other. Which means I don’t have a chance with you” He said. “But I’m not about to fight for it, I’m just going to let you choose”.

“And why have you been distant from me?” I asked him. “That’s the only thing you didn’t answer”

He looked down for a second and then met my eyes. “Because I was afraid I might lose it and do something I shouldn’t do and something you would probably hate me for” He said.

“Something like what? I asked him. “I could never ha─” He cut me off when he pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes for a brief second and kissed him back. He grabbed my face with both of his hands and he didn’t try to deepen the kiss. I was about to pull away when someone cleared their throats.

“What’s going on?” I heard him say. Oh crap.