Chapter 4

Fuck

~~

I sat down next to Ray at lunch as I smiled.

"Hey, Gee, what's up?" Brendon asked.

"I buyed a new skirt yesterday and it's so pretty," I said.

Pete recently taught me what 'what's up' means, so now people don't get confused when I get confused because I didn't understand what it meant.

"That's cool," Ray said. "You want half my cookie?"

I shook my head and he shrugged, eating it for himself. I still didn't like cookies, they just made me think of Lindsey and it made me so sad.

"How was class today?" Ryan asked.

"It was good," I said. "Mr. McDonald gave me a new book to read."

"What book?" Ray asked.

"I think it's called Holes," I said.

"Holes? Awe, I remember when I read that when I was ten," Ray said. "It was nice."

"It's too hard," I pouted. "And there's no pictures either, I don't like it."

"It's a good book, I think you'll like it," Ray said.

I shook my head taking out my sandwich. I wish Mikey and Pete were in the same lunch with me too.

"So, how's therapy?" Ryan asked.

"It's okay, Miss Williams said that maybe I can visit my Mama in prison," I said.

"Ooh, sounds fun," Brendon said. "You excited?"

I smiled and nodded quickly. I loved spending time with Frank's friends, they were all so nice and cared about me. Sometimes Ryan and Ray would even take me out with them to the movies and stuff. That was the first time I've been to the movies and it was so weird. But Ray kept reminding me that I had to be quiet during the movie because I was talking. It was weird because I didn't know you could go to such a big place with such a big screen to watch a movie. And they also had big windows full of popcorn, I thought it was funny.

Lunch eventually ended and I walked with them to my next class. Someone shoved me and I whimpered as tears filled my eyes.

"Retard," he muttered.

"Hey, don't fucking touch him," Ray said, standing between us.

Brendon shoved the guy and he walked off. Ryan held my hand and smiled softly.

"You okay?" He asked.

I sniffled and nodded as I looked down.

"Don't listen to them," Ryan said. "They're just bullies."

"Bowl-ies?" I asked in confusion.

"What? No, I mean they're just not nice," he said.

"They're monsters," I stated.

I went into my class and sighed as I sat down. Halfway through though I asked to go to the bathroom. I grabbed my bag and walked out, trying to find frank. Eventually, I just left the school. I ended up at the same park I was at with frank. I sat on the swing and frank eventually showed up on the swing next to me in the empty playground.

"Daddy, people were being monsters," I cried. "They were so mean."

"But my friends protected you, they'll keep you safe," Frank said. "And you can't listen to them because none of it's true. You're a beautiful little princess and to hell if people think otherwise."