Chapter 10

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a good fucking cereal bc it's cinnamon and doesn't get soggy too fast. Cereal review of the day.

~~

"And then after angel school the angels are gotten their angel duties," I said. "Mikey, your mom is protecting orphans for her angel job."

My dad and Mikey stared at me in confusion for a moment.

"And this was...this was a dream?" My dad asked.

I shook my head. "This is what happens when you die."

They looked at each other while I smiled.

"And where'd you hear this from?" Mikey asked.

"Frankie," I said.

"Do you want a nap before we go out?" My dad asked.

I shook my head, kicking my feet happily. We were going out to buy my princess dress today. Mikey and Pete were coming too to help me pick one out.

"He'll be here in five minutes," Mikey said, looking at the text on his phone.

I hurried into the other room to get my shoes on as Frank tied them for me.

"You're really keeping the baby?" I heard my dad asked.

"Yeah, we are," Mikey said.

"Good, I don't want you having an abortion," he said.

"I wasn't really wanting one either I was just scared," Mikey said. "Oh, but don't say the word abortion around Gee, I told him the baby would go on a vacation."

"What's abortion?" I asked.

"Just another word for vacation," Frank said, helping me up to my feet.

The others walked in and I sighed as Frank left. We got into the car with Pete and drove to a big store.

"Are you two going to the princess ball too?" I asked.

"No, we're just gonna stay home and watch movies," Mikey said, holding Pete's hand.

We got to the dresses and I gasped as I saw them. There were all different colors and styles, I wanted them all.

"Who are you going with?" My dad asked.

"Ray," I said.

"He's the tall one with the curly hair, right?" He asked and I nodded. "He seems nice."

"He is," I said. "I was really upset because I didn't have anyone to go with so he told me he would take me."

"Do you need to buy tickets?" My dad asked. "I can give you money, what are they, sixty bucks?"

"Seventy," Pete said.

"Ray already bought them for us," I said. "He told me they cost less when you buy two."

"Alright, let me give you money to pay him back," he said. "But not right now, I don't want you losing it. Pick out a dress."

"But I want them all," I complained.

"You only need one," my dad said.

"But look at it this way, you'll probably be in high school for the next seven years so you'll get to get a new dress next year," Pete said.

I gasped happily and nodded.

"Okay, first pick a color," he said.

I bit my lip. "I like pink."

I went over to where there was a big section of pink dresses.

"I think you'd look sexy in black," I heard Frank say.