Chapter 17

I kissed Ray, feeling the little aching in the pit of my stomach. I moved down his body on his bed and he looked down at me.

"Baby, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to," he said.

"I do," I said.

Ray helped me pull his pants and boxers down and I bit my lip. How did Lindsey do it again? Oh no, now I can't remember. What if I do it wrong? Oh, I don't wanna do it wrong, what if it hurts him because I'm wrong?

I felt my eyes water and lip quiver as I stared at his semi-hard erection. I couldn't help it, I burst into tears. Ray quickly pulled his pants back up and pulled me into his lap.

"Gee? What's wrong?" He asked.

I just cried into his shoulder as he rocked me gently. Ray kissed my forehead gently as I started to calm down.

"I'm sowwy I got scared," I whispered.

"Hey, it's okay," he said softly. "It doesn't matter, you were perfect."

I wiped my eyes and he gave me a soft kiss.

"You don't have to be scared, is it something I did?" Ray asked and I shook my head.

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Gee, do you wanna go to the zoo?" My dad asked.

"What's zoo?" I asked.

"There's a bunch of animals there," he said and I gasped happily. "I can pick you up from Ray's in ten minutes."

"Can Ray come too?" I asked and he agreed before hanging up. "Ray, do you wanna go to the zoo?"

"I can't, I've gotta go to work in a bit," he said.

"You work too?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just work at a bookstore," he said.

"I wish I could read," I said sadly.

"You can read," Ray stated.

"But not like big kids books," I said. "I only can read little kid books."

"That's okay," ray said, "Soon you'll be reading big kid books too."

I smiled happily and my dad came soon. I sat in the backseat with Mikey while my dad and Ms. Iero was in the front.

"Where's the zoo?" I asked.

"It's a little ways away," my dad said.

"I got you a snack," Ms. Iero said.

I gasped happily when she handed me a little snack bag of animal crackers and my sippy cup. I cuddled up to Mikey's side as I ate happily. We got to the zoo and my dad paid the tickets before we walked in and stopped.

"Sunscreen, Gee," my dad said.

I whined, shaking my head.

"Come on, you're gonna get hurt if you don't," he said.

I pouted but let him put the sunscreen on me as I watched little kids run around.

"Even they don't need sunscreen," I grumbled unhappily.

"Well, complain to your mother," my dad said, putting the sunscreen away.

"My mama was perfect," I stated, crossing my arms.

He sighed but didn't say anything more. We walked and I gasped when I saw some animals.

"What is that?" I asked.

"That's a kangaroo," Mikey said.

"Wow," I muttered as I stared at it. "Look at it jump! They're so cute!"