Chapter 21

LAST CHAPTER

Please put the doctor on the phone cause I'm not making any sense
Blame everyone but me for this mess
And my back has been breaking from this heavy heart
We never seemed so far
I'm hopelessly hopeful, you're just hopeless enough
But we never had it at all

~~

I held Frank's hand as I sniffled. I was really missing him today, missing the him when he was alive.

"I don't wanna go to work," I pouted.

"Just for a little and then we can cuddle again," Frank said.

I sighed but went downstairs and got into the car with Mikey. It's been two months since the baby left and he was still upset but doing a lot better now. I was so glad, he was playing with me and taking care of me again. School was done too so that was nice.

"Have fun, Gee, I'll pick you up in a little bit," Mikey said.

I nodded and went inside. I smiled when I found Jamia.

"Hey, Gee, how are you doing?" She asked.

"Mikey isn't very sad anymore, he's only a little sad," I said.

"Well, that's good," she replied. "Can you go sort out the CDs and vinyls in the back room?" She asked.

I nodded and went to the back. Jamia always opened the boxes for me because I wasn't big enough to use a box cutter.

"Look, I'm even able to see you while you're working alone back here," Frank said.

I smiled as he sat down next to me. The people who sends us these music stuff puts both the CDs and the vinyls in the same box so Bob usually has me sort them into two different piles.

"When we get home can we cuddle?" I asked.

"Of course," he said. "We can do anything you want."

He handed me Dee from the inner pocket of his jacket and I smiled. I held her in one hand while I worked with the other. I sorted them into two piles, listening to Frank talk.

"Why don't you have a dad?" I asked.

"Him and my mom got divorced when I was younger, I don't see him so often," he said.

"What's a divorce?" I asked.

"It's when two people that used to be married aren't married anymore," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because they just don't love each other anymore," he stated.

My eyes widened as I looked up at him.

"Are you not gonna love me anymore?" I asked.

"Of course not," he denied. "I love you so much, more than anything else in the world."

"I love you too, daddy," I said. "I love you even more than Mama."

"Really?" He asked and I nodded. "Thank you, baby boy."

I smiled, giving him a soft kiss.

"I love you," I said softly. "And I love you too, Dee."

I gave her a kiss and held her out to Frank, who also gave her a kiss.

"Perfect!" I cheered. "Love you!"

Frank chuckled, kissing my temple. I finished working when Jamia walked in. She sat next to me and smiled.

"The store is empty, I can help you out for a little bit," she said.

"I haven't been to Frankie's grave in a while," I said. "Not since he became an angel. Have you ever had someone die?"