Unexpected (a Nash Grier fanfic)

Note: Nash isn't famous nor does he have a vine. I know it starts out slow but please be patient! Enjoy and tell me if there are any mistakes ☺

Chapter 1

Jo's POV

It's half way through the school year and my mom promised I'd have friends by now. I'm in the 10th grade and I've been coming to Davison Day since 8th grade. I know people, but people don't know me. People know me back in my hometown. I miss it a lot actually and think about going back quite a lot.. But I know I can't. Its too dangerous. So I have this huge crush on this guy Nash but he doesn't even know I exist. He has stunning blue eyes and dark hair. Way taller than me considering I'm only 5'4. I only know that because we pass by each other to class everyday and one day we made eye contact. I literally almost melted and then I remembered he probably doesn't even know my name. I don't let it bother me too much because I don't want to get in my moods where I have to start taking my medicine again. I don't have plans for the summer but I'm counting down the days until school ends. When I get home, my mom asks me how my day was at school which is always the same. "School is school" she tries to give me a reassuring smile and I walk upstairs to my room.

I'm upstairs and I think pretty deeply about why I don't have friends. I look in my full length mirror at my body. I'm not ugly.. Or fat. My hair is in the middle of my back and I don't have acne. Maybe I should put myself out there more. While I'm examining myself, my mom walks in my room. "I have to talk to you sweetie." She says. I say okay and we sit on my bed. "So remember when you started school here and I told you you'd get friends in no time?"

"Yeah mom.."

"Well.. Um..."

"Get to your point"

"I was wondering if you wanted to get back on your medicine or not. I know.."

"No mom you know how I get nightmares, why would you even say that? Leave!" She sighs and gets off the bed and I hear her footsteps down the stairs. Gee thanks mom. Way to make me feel better. I go back to the conclusion of putting myself out there again. Maybe I should start wearing makeup. I go to my moms room to look for her makeup. She has a ton so I doubt she'll notice that her mascara and eye shadow are missing. I get interrupted in my thoughts when I hear the doorbell. I know mom will get it so I don't bother. I go back in my room and forget about the door.

After a while, I go downstairs to get something to eat and I hear my mom and some other voice. I turn the corner and mom is talking to a lady that kind of lives down the street. They're in the living room and I wonder why she's here. I go to the pantry and find some food when I hear the lady say Nash. My heart jumps a little and I stand there quietly for a minute to listen. She's just talking about moving more in the neighborhood since we live in the suburbs and the houses are way nicer. "Jo is that you?" I thought I was being quiet. "Yeah mom!" "Come here please"

I walk in the living room and mom introduces me. "Honey this is Elizabeth. Nash's mom, you know the one you told me about." I blush and smile and say hi to her. She asks me how long I've been going to Davison Day and when I tell her she says "Wow I thought you were new. The boys haven't said anything about a Jo." By the boys she means Nash and Hayes. I forget that Nash has a little brother since he's in a lower grade than us. We make small talk and Elizabeth leaves. I go back upstairs and get everything together for school the next morning since it's already 9:30.

I wake up and start to get ready. I'm slightly nervous since I've never worn makeup before. Never even tried it on. I guess this wasn't the best move to pull because it doesn't look how my mom looks after she puts it on. But I tell myself that I'm over thinking it and finish getting ready and do my routine. I go downstairs for breakfast and mom says nothing about my appearance so I guess it doesn't look bad. I glance at the clock and tell mom bye and drive to school.

*skip school day*

I'm driving home and trying so hard not to cry. I turn the radio up really loud and drive really fast. When I make it home, I run in the doorway and fall on the floor. Everything went black.