Chapter 12

(A/N) OKAY so I may or may not have found Nash's house on google maps and I may or may not have totally absolutely fangirled (loudly) in the middle of my computer class. Judge me. But anyway I'm not sure if I should keep writing this fanfic or end it quickly and start the new one because omg it's going to be so much better. It's not going to be like the ones I've read... But anyway sorry for any mistakes. And I apologize for taking so long to update. And plus EOCs and finals are coming up so its going to be slow updating. SORRY

------------------------------------

Jo's POV

So the school day was.. Interesting. I'm popular? Well in a way. Hannah and her group still doesn't like me and Phoebe is still weird but Nash's friends like me. And a handful of other people that I didn't know knew I existed talked to me today. Of course I get hateful looks now too from the people who I assume like Nash. To be honest I like the attention.

First hour went by normally and I sat by Nash. Phoebe walked up to my desk in the middle of class and tossed a note on my desk and nonchalantly sharpened her pencil. I let out a sigh and start to open the note. What does she want?

The note read "stop trying to avoid it". Oh. I rolled my eyes and could feel Nash blazing his blue eyes at me, basically saying he wants to know what the note said. I gave it to him so he can read it himself and he looked back up to me when he was finished reading. "What're we going to do?" He mouthed. I just shrugged my shoulders and started on the stupid worksheet we had to do. I have to keep my mind off it.. If you ignore it long enough it'll go away, right?

The next four hours went by pretty much the same except for I didn't get any more notes. Instead I got death stares from Phoebe. What happened to the pretty, bubbly personality girl that I saw the first day she was here? I'm actually scared she knows where I live because she's creeping me out. She's only like this towards me though because she has a group of friends just like every other click.

Me and Nash are walking to lunch together now and it's the first time that I'll get to eat lunch with someone besides the few times with Phoebe when she was the new girl. I was kind of zoned out, listening to the song in my head that's been stuck there all day when Nash cleared his throat. "Are you okay?" "Yeah, fine." I smiled assuringly to him as we walked in line in the cafeteria. We grabbed our plates and reached for the disgusting school food when I heard footsteps walk up to us. I saw Nash turn around from the corner of my eye but I acted like I didn't notice and kept getting my food. It was a girl that came up to him, a freshman. I faintly heard her words; "are you dating Jo?" Pursing her lips as she says my name like I was an animal with a sickly disease. I mentally flipped her off but kept listening. "Not yet" Nash said, basically smirking in his voice.

I finally turned my head a little so she knows that I can hear her. She leans into him, touching his abs in the process and whispers in his ear "you could do better." Little skank. We make eye contact when she finally gets off her tip toes from whispering to Nash and I give her the most sarcastic smile I could pursue. She just kept a straight face and flipped her hair and walked away. "Don't listen to her.." "She doesn't bother me. She's like 12" "Actually she's a freshman so she's only like a year younger than us" I giggle and tell him to hush.

We make our way to Nash's regular table he sits at with his friends. He has about 6 guys in his group not including him which consists of Cameron, Taylor, Matt, Carter, Jack Johnson, and Jack Gilinsky. (a/n again, they're not famous so pretend they all go to the same school). The guys have their conversation which is weird by the way. I just sit there quietly and awkwardly eating my salad. Cameron is the first to talk to me. "So you're going to the masquerade dance with Nash right?" "Right." He turns his attention to Nash and he tells him "Brooo, we have to all go in a group." One at a time, the 5 other boys came up with an excuse to why they're not going so it turned out that our "group" will just be me and Nash and Cameron and his girlfriend. His girlfriend's name is Maggie and she goes to another school that's not too far from here. Kind of our rivalry school but that won't stop Cameron. He went on bragging about her and I could tell Nash wasn't listening one bit. "I'm so ready for you to meet her Jo! I feel like you guys would get along." "Well she sounds great!" Me and Nash finish eating at the same time so we go outside in the "recess" area as you can call it before class starts.

To add on the great day, Hannah walks up. "So my little sister told me you guys were dating." Well hello to you too. Nash looks at me, telling me with his eyes "heeere we go". "Actually we're not but its none of your business isn't it? And I'm assuming your sister is the freshman that rudely came up to us in the lunch line?" He's so adorable when he gets defensive. I probably looked like a little lost puppy standing next to him. "Yeah. I don't think you would be a cute couple to be honest." Before anyone could say anything else I opened my mouth and blurted "We don't care what you think to be honest." I mimicked. She scoffed and, just like her sister, flipped her hair as she walked away.

The rest of the 2 hours of school dragged by before the dismissal bell rang. I met up with Nash at our vehicles before we left; we parked right next to each other. Cute huh. "Only 4 more days left then we gonna partayyy" Nash says in his weirdly cute tone of voice. "Haha, I'm pretty pumped about it! But I have to get going, text me later?" "Of course babe." I hurriedly got into my car before he could see my cheeks getting red and drove home. Even though today had weird Phoebe and rude Hannah and her sister in it, it's 100 times better than my usual school day. Thanks to Nash.

------------------------------------

You like?

So if you want to, you can follow me on Instagram.. If you'd like. You don't have to. BUT if you do my username is: katiepayzant. My last name is pronounced "pay" like "pay check" and "zant" like ant with a Z in front of it. SO MANY PEOPLE have trouble pronouncing my last name it's not even funny. Anyway follow me puhlease

- k a t i e