Chapter 15

*warning: I didn't proofread*

Jo's POV

I get woken up from the unfamiliar, slow steps coming up the stairs towards my room. I turn in my bed to face my door to see who's in the house. It's 2 in the morning. Nash? I check my phone and I don't have any texts from him so I doubt he'd show up uninvited. Mom trying not to wake me up? Possibly but it's a creepy walk.

I watch as my door slowly creaking open to find a tall, dark silhouette standing in the doorway with a ski mask over the persons face. But it's not just one, there's 3 with a limp figure that the one in the very back is holding.

My breath gets stuck in my throat and my eyes get wide when the person in the front flicks out a knife. I start panicking and flailing out of my bed but getting stuck in the covers. I fall on the ground and the person hurries to get to me and tie my hands around my back. I'm kicking my legs as hard as I can, hoping that I can kick somewhere it hurts. I heard a man's laughter. Then the other two in the doorway laughed. A boy and a girl. The boy sounded a lot like.. Nash. And the girl has blonde hair sticking out below her ski mask. Phoebe. They saw me studying them and they looked at each other and kissed. Right there in front of me.

I was jolted out of my frozen thought about Nash and Phoebe when the man tying me kicked me in the ribs and said "get up. Now." I finally got enough common sense to yell something. Anything. "MOMMMM!" The obviously older man just laughed. An evil, horrifying laugh. "Think your mommy is coming to your rescue? No not this time.. We've already taken care of her. All three of my kidnappers laughed and the limp figure I saw earlier moved. I could tell now that its a person. Half dead maybe. Possibly how I'm going to turn out soon.

Then I did the next thing I could think of. Cry.

I jumped up in my bed, disturbed by the terrible dream I just had. It mentally shook me, scarred me. Is it a sign? Should I go to the dance with Nash tonight..? I'll talk to mom. MOM. I looked at the clock and its 9:30. Hopefully she hasn't already left for her meeting. I flew downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch gazing at the TV and all I could do was sit on her lap like a big baby and hug her. She giggled and looked up at me. "What's wrong sweetie?" "Mmm.. Nothing. I just love you." "I love you too Jo. Oh, good news! The meeting was canceled so I can go with you to get ready for tonight!" We had that teenage girl moment, squealing and jumping until we laughed it out enough to talk again. "I want to leave here around 12:30 okay?" I said. She agreed and went back up to my room and took a long, well needed, hot bath. I took my time to shave my legs and shampoo my hair twice and condition thoroughly so my hair is soft. I even played music on pandora radio off my phone and lit candles beside the tub to relax. I finally get out after about 45 minutes. I dry off end wrap a towel around my head to find clothes to wear while in town getting my hair and nails done. I set it on bed and slip it on, followed my towel drying my hair and letting it flow natural. Which is somewhat wavy and down to the middle of my back. I brush out the tangles and flip my head up and down to mess it up again just because I'm weird. I brush my teeth and check the time and its only 11 now. I have enough time to eat and do nothing. I grab my phone to text Nash. "Are you awake?" I wait there for about 5 minutes and don't get a reply back so I assume he's still sleeping. He doesn't have to go through all of the primping like girls do so of course he's going to sleep late.

I walk down stairs feeling refreshed and find something to eat. All I could find was a granola bar and a banana. Good enough. Mom came in behind me soon after and we made small talk, mostly about Nash and some about her job. "It's already 12:15, do you want to go ahead and leave now?" Mom asked. "Yeah that's fine, are you driving or me?" "You, I don't want to use up my gas." "Smart." I smirk at her, walking out of the house and locking the door behind us. It was only about 15 minutes to the place we were going so we just listened to music and enjoyed each others company.

*skip getting her hair and nails done*

We're back at the house now and it's time for Mom to do my makeup. "Now tell me what color and what you want it to look like." My light brown eyes pop with a gold-ish eyeshadow so I picked that and she did the rest. When she finished, I examined my face and the eyeshadow was almost white in the corner of my eyes and on the brow bone, gold on the lid, and a chocolate color on the outside. Mascara to extend the length of my already long lashes and simple powder with blush. Mom, almost in tears, says "Jo you just look so beautiful. I want you to have a great time okay? You truly deserve it." I smiled at her and gave her a hug. "Thanks Mom."

I go back to my room to put my dress on and heels and find my mask. It's the kind that you hold and it's quite elegant. I check the time and its 5 on the dot but I have a few missed calls from Nash. Oops. I call him back and he answers after a few rings. "Jo, are you ready?" "Ready Freddie." "Who's Freddie?" He joked. "That's your nickname." He just chucked and continued "I'm already on my way to pick you up and we're going to meet Cameron at the restaurant so we need to hurry. I bet you look great, see you in a bit!" And with that he hung up. Someone's in a rush.

I walked downstairs to present myself to mom. She looked like she was going to cry... Again. "Are you ready?" "Definitely!" I said with a smile. My hands were shaking and I had butterflies all in my stomach. The doorbell rang and mom went to answer it and I stood behind her. Wow.. Nash. Looked. Amazing.

-------------------------------------

2 updates in the same day?! *in Sadie's voice* You're welcome. SOOOO close to 1000 reads and it makes me so happy like you don't even know. Sorry for any mistakes and I hope you like it!

- k a t i e