Chapter 13

28 days left of school for me guysss. Anyway THANK YOU for all the reads, it makes me so happy :)

------------------------------------

Jo's POV

So it's Friday after school and the masquerade dance is tomorrow. Everyday this week went pretty much like Monday but I got more texts from my stalker.. That I ignored. But I have to admit, they got pretty threatening. I literally hope and pray nothing bad happens at the dance. But something tells me that something will go down, I feel it in my stomach.

I'm laying on my bed listening to music and texting Nash. The basic teenage lazy life, for me anyway. (A/n literally what I do except the texting Nash thing. I wish.) I'm listening to Habits from Tove Lo. Kalea got me listening to actual good music before the bad things started happening. "Ready for tomorrow? ;)" Nash said in his text. "Well duh. I'm assuming you have your suit and mask, right?" "Actually I forgot all about that part.." Typical Nash. "You're kidding right?" "Of course Jo I'm not dumb." "You just keep believing that." I send that back to him with a kissy face emoji. We've really gotten flirty here lately. And things are getting positively much better. I don't feel socially unaccepted or awkward. I have a place and that place was with Nash. If you told me on the first day of 8th grade that I came to Davidson Day, "you're going to go with Nash Grier to a school masquerade dance your sophomore year" I would've laughed in your face. Like full on spit laugh with an obnoxious high pitched noise. I tend to do that if I find something really funny.

I felt my phone buzz expecting another text from Nash but it was from Kalea. Her text said: "you're not safe Jo. The anonymous person who contacted you on my phone is literally stalking you and he isn't going to stop until he gets what he wants. It's a huge risk for me texting you this right now but please call the cops. You have no idea how bad this is." I texted back immediately with "How am I not safe? Where are you? Are you okay? Who's the 'anonymous' person?" I freaked a little okay. But of course, I never got a response.

"Jo, you better get down here fast!" Mom called me from down stairs. I hopped down the stairs two at a time to find my mom sitting on the couch watching tv. "You're friend's name was Kalea right?" "Yeah mom, why?" "Just watch." She points at the tv and I take a seat beside her. After I've taken everything in from the tv, I froze. I didn't know how I felt, I couldn't move. Or think. I mumbled out the only word I could possibly come up with in my jumbled thoughts. "How?"

Nash's POV

After Jo didn't text me back for a while I decided to get off my phone to find something to eat and maybe socialize with my family. Emphasis on the maybe. As I was searching through the refrigerator I got a sudden craving for sausage. "MOMMMM! CAN YOU MAKE SOME SAUSAGE?" I hear her soft footsteps come in shortly after my voice cracking tantrum. "Just sausage? Nothing else?" "Nothing else Mom. Please and thank you" I give her the biggest sweet smile and she just rolls her eyes and gets a pan out. I hear my phone ring notifying me that I have a text. My heart stops for a second, excited that it might be Jo. I ran to my room; like RAN. Jumped over the couch, slid past Skylynn playing horsies, and bumped into Hayes walking in the hallway to check my phone. Disappointment took over me to see that an unknown number texted me. Disappointment soon turned into fear after I read the message. All it said was "I already took one. Stay away from Jo or you're next pretty boy." My hands shaking, I dialed the number of the only one I knew to call.

-------------------------------------

SORRY it's a boring chapter but it has to be realistic. Plus it's a cliffhanger ;) but hey I updated quicker than usual. And I apologize for any mistakes! Again follow me on Instagram. Username: katiepayzant

- k a t i e