Chapter 2

Jo's POV

I finally wake up and I'm lying in my bed. Man what happened? I get out of bed and lose my balance and almost hit the floor again when something catches my eye. A note? I pick it up and it says "Jo, I hope you are okay. I saw what happened back there and I wanted to make sure you were okay. Sorry if this is weird...

-Nash" NASH?! Did he follow me? HE KNOWS MY NAME! How does he know where my room is? How long have I been out?

I put the note on my desk and run downstairs to see if mom is here. If she is, then that means I've been out a while because she gets home from work at 5. On cue, I hear her on the phone. "Yeah okay thanks. Bye" she says before she hangs up. I warily look at her wondering what I should say. Before I could decide she says "Are you okay? What happened darling?" "Who were you talking to?" "That Nash boy. All he said was that I need to check on you. So what happened?" "Well lets just say today wasn't the best day. I kinda wore makeup and I obviously did it wrong and the popular girls bullied me. I like it better when they don't notice me at all." "So how did Nash get involved with it?" I decide not to tell her about the note and the fact that he brought me upstairs to my room. "I don't know I guess he saw it happening. I didn't know that he knew." I lied. "I'm sorry honey. It's sweet that he wanted me to check on you. Sounds like maybe he's got a crush..." She winks at me and I shove her arm. Honestly, she's my only friend. She's not really like a mom... And we got even closer after she divorced her 4th husband. I say "yeah right mom." I roll my eyes and grab something to eat. Cinnamon toast crunch works.

I go back upstairs and take a shower and do my homework. I think about that note again and walk to my desk to read it again. I don't really know if this is creepy but even his handwriting is attractive. Pretty neat for a guy. I put it in my drawer so my mom doesn't find it and question me about it. I look around my room for my phone since I rarely use it. I have an iPhone 5S.. We're kinda rich. I don't know why but I text my friend from my hometown and tell her I miss her. She doesn't respond, as expected. She hasn't talked to me since the incident. I sigh and go on Instagram to look at her pictures. Her name is Kalea and she's actually really pretty. Blonde hair, green eyes. Tall and skinny. I go into a flashback before the incident with Kalea and Mackenzie. Mackenzie is shorter than Kalea and I but she's so petite. Brown hair and blue eyes. I think about memories with them as a tear rolls down my cheek. I fall asleep still in the clothes I wore to school.

Nash's POV

Today was odd. It felt odd when I woke up. I shrug it off and walk down the hallway to my last hour class. I usually see that Jo girl. I don't really know about her.. I mean she's kinda cute. She doesn't seem my type. To add on the oddness, I see Jo in the corner of my eye and she looks so scared; like she just experienced a life or death situation. I stop in the middle of the hallway and hide behind lockers to see what's going on. My ex, Hannah, and her group of friends were walking away from her all laughing. I go up to Hannah and asked her what happened. She smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I rolled my eyes and she said "oh you know. Giving the new girl a hard time. She wore makeup so we asked her if she's trying to impress someone. And she got intimidated or something. She's weird" and then walked off. I didn't even waste my breath to tell her that she's been here since 8th grade. I sigh and glance once more at her and walk in the class.

I couldn't even pay attention because all I could think about was Jo. It was weird, I admit because until now, I didn't care for her. When the final bell rang, I went on a search for Jo. I almost gave up until I saw her car screeching out of the parking lot. I seriously don't know what got into me. I followed her. And I slowly pull into her driveway when she passes out with the door still wide open and everything. I make my way to her, uncertain of what to do and step in her house. I look around to see if anyone is home. I feel really uncomfortable so I pick her up and take her to what I think is her room. It's decorated like a little girls room and it kinda makes me laugh. I find paper and leave her a note. Without another thought, I get back in my car and go to my house.