3

[reddie]

Richie

"Richie and Eddie,rose." My art teacher said,assigning us pairs for our painting project. He glanced and me and bit his lip.

"Alright everyone,go find a blank canvas and start painting!" I stood up and walked to Eddie with a smile. He smiled back and we met at a canvas.

"Hey Eds." "Don't call me that." "Okay eds,how do we draw a rose?" "I don't know." "Your the good drawer,you do it." He blushed slightly and smiled. "I can't draw." "Shut up and do it!" He sighed and picked up the pencil. He started to sketch a rose,I watched him carefully as he delicately drew each thorn and petal. I smiled and laughed a little at how concentrated he was. "What?" "Nothing,your just so concentrated." "Why is it funny?" "It's not necessarily funny,it's just cute." "Cute?" "I-I mean...uh...." I awkwardly looked away to hide my face considering how embarrassed I was. He just shrugged and continued to draw.

I studied his beautiful features as he drew our flower. His hair,his smile,everything is so perfect. It's like he was made by the gods,perfectly sculpted like from clay by an amazing artist.

(Did you catch my reference hehe)

I was so concentrated myself on his beauty that I didn't even realize he was trying to get my attention.
"Uh,Richie? Richie! Richie hello?" "Oh-um yeah?" "I'm done." I looked at the rose he drew on the canvas,it was beautifully drawn and almost as beautiful as him. "Okay,let's paint it now." I said with a smile. He opened a tube of green paint and squeezed some onto a small paint palette. I did the same with some red paint. We reached for the cup of brushes at the same time,causing our hands to collide. In my mind I was trying to pull my hand away,but it just stayed there underneath Eddie's. He slowly grasped my hand nervously. I smiled and looked at him. He smiled back. "I uh...ill do the stem." He said slowly letting go. I nodded and grabbed a paintbrush.

We started painting the rose carefully trying to stay inside the lines. After I little while i got pretty bored,so I had an idea. "Hey Eds?" "What?" "You got some paint on your face." "What,where?" "Right...there." I said,putting some paint on his cheek. "Richie!" He yelled at me with laughter. I chuckled as he put some paint on my nose. We kept taking turns putting paint on our faces. "Richie! Eddie! Go to the bathroom and cleanup your faces right now!" The teacher yelled. We both stood up and left the room,walking to the bathroom slowly. My hand found his and our fingers interlocked. "Richie?" "Yeah?" "I know that you might not feel the same or something but...I uh....I think I like you." "Really?" "Yeah." I smiled. "I think I do too." He smiled back and we walked into the bathroom.

We grabbed some towels and ran them under the faucet. We started to get most of the paint off. After a few minutes I was mostly clean,Eddie was struggling with some paint on his face though. I took the towel from his hand and he turned to face me. I gently rubbed the paint off with the towel and threw it behind me. "There." He smiled. I started stepping closer to him,he took steps back until his back was against the wall. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him gently. It was a short but amazing kiss,it was proff that we were something. I pulled away a few seconds later and smiled as did he. "You know Eds,I think I know what your name might be in the future." "And what's that?" He asked. "Eddie toizer,duh."