2

[byler]

It was a Saturday night and Mike and I had planned to have a sleepover and watch some movies. We are both very excited for it, but I'm not sure if it's for the same reason. Mike thinks of me as his best friend,but I think of him as more than that. However we are very close. He knows that I get scared in thunderstorms so he comes over and we spend the day together distracting ourselves from the frightening lightning bolts in the clouds. I bet Mike is as strait as a line, I'm just about as strait as a circle. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it though,I'm scared he doesn't feel the same and he will turn me away. I don't know if I can take that.

I hear raindrops falling slowly on the windows,and I smile immediately knowing that the thunderstorm they were talking about is coming,and Mike should be on his way soon.

Mike

I hear the raindrops falling on the rooftop of my house. I run downstairs and throw on my rain coat. "Mom! I'm going to Wills house!" I yell. "Okay honey!" She tells back. She doesn't know that I like boys,I'm not sure how she will react if I tell her. I wish I could. I wish Will would love me back. I get on my bike and ride strait (gay) to Will's house. I pedal with all my might and speed down the street,my wheels spraying water all over the street. I finally arrive at Will's small house and I run to the door.

Will

Knock knock knock. I hear that Mike has arrived. I race to the front door and yank it open. "Hey Will!" He says with a smile. He Hugs me tightly and I feel a spark ignite in my heart. I hug back with an uncontrollable smile smacked on my face. He pulls back. "What do you want to do today Byers?" He asks as he hangs his coat up like normal. "I'm not sure Wheeler." I say. He makes a face as if a lightbulb turned on in his head that makes his eyebrows raise and his eyes widen. "I know!" He says. He grabs my hand and drags me into the living room. He sit me down on the couch and he pulls out a bin labeled "Will and Mike's movies". He glides his soft fingers across the title I know all too well: Jaws. Jaws is our favorite movie to watch together on days like this. He pulls out the movie and puts it in the player underneath the television. I smile at him and he smiles back. He sits down next to me and we watch the movie like normal for a few minutes,and then there was a loud crack of thunder that startled me. I jumped a little and grabbed Mike's hand. I excpected him to jerk his hand away from mine,but he instead intertwined our fingers and squeezed my hand slightly.

Mike knows that Jaws scares me every time since I'm afraid of sharks,and I usually just jump a little when I get scared and he just smiles. But this time,it's diffrent. I see the part that scares me and I inevitably jump into Mike's arms. I excpect him to laugh or just push me away or something,but he instead wraps his arms around me and pulls my head close to his chest. I smile at this. I notice that he is slowly inching his hand towards mine,so I finally just give up watching him and I grab his hand. It was a little bold of me to do that,at least in my mind it was. But Mike was happy about it for sure. In the middle of the movie,Mike all of the sudden lays his hand on my cheek and tilts my face towards him. Our eyes meet an he says, "Will Byers,you may not feel the same way as I do but I have to get this out of me." And before I could question it,his lips were against mine in a beautiful three seconds of quiet. I felt fireworks go off in my heart,and I felt little rainbows appear in my head. Everything in that three seconds was perfect. Our lips connected,the joy in my veins,the quiet of the word around us...it was all perfectly aligned in this very moment. Our lips pulled apart slowly and slimes appeared on or faces along with bright pink blush on our cheeks. After a few seconds,I realize something big. "I love you Mike Wheeler." Did I just say that out loud? "I love you too Will Byers." He says back. We both notice at the same time that it has stopped raining,and frowns appear on our faces knowing that Mike has to go home now. "Hey,we get to see eachother tommorow at school. We can last that amount of time,right?" He says with a sad smile. "Yeah. I think so." I say. I lead him to the door and he gathers his coat and his shoes. "Goodbye princess,I love you." He says,the nickname making me blush. He smiles and chuckles a bit at my blushing. "Goodbye my prince. I love you more."