34

Sorry I haven't written in forever

[Fick]

"And that's why I hate Mrs. Rigeway." Sophia finished her long story of why she hated a teacher. I shrugged and looked back down at the sidwalk. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I took it out. "What happened?" Sophia asked. "Jack tagged me in a photo." I opened the notification and looked at it. It was a picture of us from last week when we had a sleepover. I assumed his mom maybe took it because we were both asleep...and I had my arms around him. Wait,did I have my arms around him while I was asleep? It that why I woke up alone? Where did he even go? There was no caption. And the comments were turned off. Why would he post that?

I saw my house and said goodbye to Sophia. I went inside and walked up to my room. I layed on my bed then I saw that Jack was calling me. I picked up my phone and answered the call. "HeyFinnmyimstagramaccountgothackedandisawthat-" "woah woah woah,slow down Jack. I can't understand a word your saying." I said with a giggle. "Well um,my Instagram got hacked and uh...they posted that photo and um...sorry." "Don't be sorry,it's my fault anyway." "No it's uh,it's not." "Jack you don't sound so great. Are you okay?" "I'm peachy!" "Yeah,I'm coming over." "WAit Finn stop-" I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket. I ran outside and started jogging to Jack's house.

I arrived at his house and saw no one was home. I opened the door and went up to his room. The door was closed but I could hear him sniffing,and it wasn't a cold. "Jack?" "Please don't come in I look disgusting." "You never look disgusting." I opened the door and walked in. I saw him sitting on the floor against the wall with his head in his hands. I sat next to him. "Jack,what happened?" "You didn't hear anything,did you?" He asked. "What?" He just sighed and looked away. "You're gonna hear about it at some point,I don't get why I should tell you." "You should tell me because I'm you're friend." "That's exactly why I can't tell you." I saw a box of tissues on his desk and I stood up and grabbed them. I sat back down in front of him and took one of the tissues. I lifted his head up with my finger and started to gently dry his tears. He stared at me the whole time. When his tears were mostly dry,I looked into his eyes and we locked eye contact. It was like I was stuck,but I didn't really want to be free.

"I like you." He said suddenly. I smiled and moved my hand from his chin to his cheek. I felt his face heat up. He is so vulnerable,no matter how strong he seems. And I want to be the one that protects him.

I leaned in and closed the gap between our lips slowly,moving my hands to his waist. I pulled away and once again I was looking into his beautiful eyes. I took his hands in mine. He smiled at me. "I like you too."