Chapter 2.5: The Patch

Jeremy's POV

     "Ugh. Where is he?" I asked, looking at my phone. I'd been waiting for a good fifteen minutes for Michael in front of this craft shop on the edge of town. I sip my slushie and check my Snapchat.

     I get a text from Christine, "Hey! Didn't see you in Calc! Everything okay?"

     I roll my eyes. Christine is amazing, but she worries all too much. "Yeah. I'm fine. I'll be back before the auditions. Love you."

     I instantly get a reply. "Okay! Better not be late! Loves!"

     I put my phone down once I hear footsteps towards me. I look up to see Michael, putting on his red jacket. I love that jacket.

     "Heyyyyy Jeremy." Michael greets me. He has his cocky smirk on his face. That smirk always interests me into the conversation.

     "So, you gonna tell me why I waited out here in a parking lot far far away? Or did you just want to torment me?" I chuckled, lightly punching him in the shoulder. But the fabric I felt was not of his jacket. It was harder and rougher.

      Without another word, he stretches out the same arm across his torso, showing a new patch on his jacket, newly sewn. "Check it out!"

      It was a gay pride flag... Huh. Never thought he would get something like that. I shrugged. "Looks good. Matches your personality," I laughed.

      He blushed a little, looking frustrated, "H-Hey! How does that look like my personality! You think I'm gay or something?"

     I laugh even harder. "Nah, just making jokes, bud. Seriously, it looks good. I like it!"

     He looked very relieved. "Come on," he started to go in the car, putting the keys in, "If we leave now, we could have a little time in Spring Lake Heights to walk around and get back to school in time for Rent."

      I smiled, quickly getting in next to him and buckling up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just had this idea and I needed to do it. It was almost too easy.

Rich: I'm totally bi now. #bipride