Chapter 22: Dad

~JEREMY POV~

      I rush home and find my mom's stash of makeup. I look for something to cover up this huge bruise forming. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck stop showing you stupid bruise!!"

      I heard my dad come upstairs and I quickly shove all of the makeup back in the bag. As he enters the room I put my hand to my face and lean on the counter. "Son," he starts, "I heard about Michael. What happened?"

     At that moment I break down into tears. Even thinking about what Mickie did to him, the only one I love, it hurts to even think about. I rush to hug my dad. "Why did they have to hurt him, Dad?! Why him? I was the one who hurt Christine. I was the one who broke her heart. Why-"

     He shushes me and brushes my hair. He holds my cheek, but I gasp and he completely moves away and sighs. "Sometimes, when we're in love, we do stupid things. You shouldn't have done things with Michael before you broke up with her, and consequences are in order. No woman should be treated like that." I nod, knowing what we did was wrong--not because of what it was--but because it was the wrong time.

     He pushes me a little away, holding my shoulders. "But no one should ever hurt the one you truly care for." I nod. "And you should take a stand against it."

     I look up at him. "So you are okay with us dating?"

     He chuckles slightly and smiles. "Of course. You're my son, and no matter what I'm gonna love you. Did I get mad at you when you skipped school with Michael?" I shake my head, making a crooked smile. "Did I get mad at you when you took a drug from Japan?"

     I laugh. "No, but you should've!"

     We share a laugh and a sigh. "Your mother and I love you no matter what. Whether you're gay, straight, or whatever."

     I hug him tightly. "Thanks, Dad. You're the best."

     He sighs happily. "Now take that makeup off and go see your boyfriend."

     I shoot out of his grasp and stutter. "H-how did you know?!"

     "What else would you be doing here? You have your own bathroom, you know. Also," he points to the concealer and makeup bag out of place, "Your mom needs organization to survive. She wouldn't have kept it like that."

     I laugh and nod, starting to move stuff back in place.

~^*^~ (<-- Bob returns!!)

~MICHAEL POV~

     I was texting Jeremy for a couple of hours, but he wasn't responding. It made me worry, but Rich was reassuring me it would all be okay. Soon, he came through the doors, greeting Rich with a pat on the back.

     "Where have you been dude? We were worried si-"

    I notice it too. A mark on the right side of his cheek. It was big and purple. Rich tried to touch it but Jeremy flinched and chuckled nervously.

     I filled with rage. He didn't even have to tell me.

     Jeremy smiled and asked Rich to give us a minute, which he nodded in agreement to and left. He sat next to me, holding my not-broken hand. I started to well up. "Why? Why would you let them hurt you?"

     He didn't respond. He just got into bed next to me and held me close, starting to hum "I'll Cover You" from our spring musical. I smile and nuzzle deeply into the crook of his next, humming with him.

      It's me and him. Forever and always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I wanted to bring Jeremy's dad back in because I feel like he could've been such a better-written character in the musical and he seems like that one dad who just loves everyone.

Okay, guys. I'm gonna try and give this more of a sophisticated sound. I'm really excited to continue this. I forgot how much I love writing. I wanna go back to focusing on the spring musical and tensions with Christine and having Mickie still be an issue, but not as much. I hope you all enjoy!! :)

LOVES!!!