Chapter 5: The Incident

Warning: There are some references to getting high. If this triggers you (Which I hope it doesn't because this is one of my favorite chapters), then TURN BAAAACK, 'O' MAN!! ... That's a Godspell reference.

ENJOY!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     That night, Jeremy decided to stay over my house. I told him to turn his phone off for the night too, in case if Christine tries to get into contact.

     "Why?" He asked, "She is my girlfriend..."

     "It's a GUYS night! And I don't think Christine identifies herself as in the male gender."

     Two hours after we got to my house, we were already stoned. Very stoned. We were playing 'Apocalypse of the Damned," when something... happened...

     "Seriously?!" I yelled at the screen after I died for, like, the fifth time! "I am off my game today!"

     One thing to know about Jeremy: when he's high... he acts weird, to say the least.

     When I died that time, he scooted closer to my bean bag and hugged me tightly. "Awww it's okay buddy... you'll get them sometime," He chuckled softly in my ear.

     My cheeks felt hot. He was warm, and though his breath smelled like the disgusting aftermath of an SBD going off, it was still comforting. The dark basement we were in had only one light on, which was the television we were using to play our Nintendo Zombie game.

     I looked at him and smiled, patting his shoulder. "Sure, buddy. Come on, a couple more rounds, then let's get you some sleep."

     He laughed a little, "O-Okay daddy!" He smiled, focusing his attention onto the screen in front of him, pressing the restart button.

     My blush ran through my face, and my brain started rushing with thoughts.D-Did he just- NO no he couldn't have meant... He's just high... Right...

                                                                                        ~^*^~

     After Jeremy died a couple times, he cursed a bunch at the game and his controller, which was a sign of him sobering up.

     Even though I liked his comforting, warm, almost homo, high side of him, I preferred the real Jeremy—even if he can't love me. The real Jeremy is fun and cocky and cool. Not to mention, he's the Jeremy I fell in love with.

     I decided to impersonate him when he was SUPER high, holding him close and comforting him, "Aww it's okay, buddy... you'll get them sometime..."

     "Is that really how I'm like stoned?" He blushed, looking away in embarrassment.

     I blushed a little, "Yes, yes it is." He looked further down, a slight tension beginning to emerge in the silence.

     I tackled him down into his bean bag, tickling him all over his torso. "H-Hey!! HAHAHAHA T-ThaAHAHAt tickles! S-Stop!" He continued to laugh until a little after I stopped.

     We looked at each other for a while. Minutes? An hour? I have no idea how long it was... but it felt like an eternity to me. You're so beautiful... Jeremy...

     Suddenly, he began to stroke some of the hair off my face, and said, "I like to see your face."

     I smirked, whispering, "That mean you don't like my hair?"

     His eyes widened, "N-N-Nononononono! It's not like that! It's just-"

     I stopped him. Don't ask how... you already know. It was a moment I thought I would have with him. I mean, sure... we were both still a little buzzed, but it just made the moment slightly more magical when it happened.

     He pulled me close, rushing his fingers through my knotty hair. I quickly took my glasses off, threw them in some obscure corner, and returned the welcome gesture. I wrap my arms around his back held him, never wanting to let go. He held me with one arm and keeping his other in my messy hair.

     Even though I knew this moment would end the next morning, and we would go back to just being the two best buds on the planet; but here and now, it was just us. No world, no other people. Just us.

                                                                                  ~^*^~

     After our blissful moment, we looked at each other for a moment of silence. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. "M-Michael..."

     I flushed, afraid and excited to hear what he had to say. Though, he didn't say anything; he just smiled at me. Even though it was mildly disappointing to not hear him say "I love you" or "You are amazing"... his smile was just as special.

     And for now, that's fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you tell I squealed like a million times just thinking about writing this chapter? UGH, the next chapter is going to be hard to write...