Chapter 2: Richie

I sat in calculus debating on whether I should care at all. I sit on the right by the door. I could skip. My teacher isn't facing me. I picked up my bag and waited for the teacher to look away. The class knew what I was about to do. Once I start. Someone else takes my chair and goes. The teacher is super old and can never remember who sits where. The seating chart always changes. We take advantage of this pool

Poor old man.

"Excuse me Mr. Rutail?"

Oh no. I dropped my bag immediately and sat forward. "Zach is attempting to leave" Jonelle snapped.

I glared at her. She gave me a wicked smile. Mr. Rutail turned around and looked at everyone. Not knowing who Zach is.

"Zachary where are you?"

I raised my hand.  I picked up my bag and slowly opened the door. "MR. RUTAIL" Sure squeaked again

"Jonelle how about you shut your fat mouth. Worry about your own god damn education."

She got up and came to my desk. "Who do you think you are talking to? I can get your sister-"

That's my sister's bestfriend. Jonelle is cute. Really is. With her short brown hair and her blue eyes. But she's a self entitled little bitch. I'd put her in her place but Astrid would kick my ass. "Get her. Then I'll just remind her and all your petty friends. I'm the one with the car. I love my sister so much I drive her places. Even when kids with the breast sizes of a six year old hops in the car. Now sit before I call her."

Jonelle folded her arms and walked away.  She's only a freshman in a junior class. No wonder she thinks she's better than all of us.

I stand up and waved bye. The class snickered as I slipped out. Astrid stood infront of me. Her straight blond hair was loosely braided. Her bright blue eyes peirced through my skull. God I'm scared of Astrid. I don't know why. She always is the logical one so I tend to look to her for help on school work. Of course I help her with all the physical stuff. Like bullies.....Jonelle...... Teachers........ Jonelle.

"Why are you out of class"

"Why are you in the Junior wing?" I asked walking away.

"I was bored and wanted you to take me some where." She ran to catch up.

"How did you know I was going to skip?"

"For one you always skip this block. Two, Jonelle texted."

"Man she's the chief of the fun police." I looked back into the class. Jonelle was giving me a deadly glare. "Where did you want to go?"

"My friend Henry and I-"

"Woah woah woah. Does little Astrid have a boyfriend?"

"Wha? No! He said he will give me 50 bucks if I can get him to the arcade."

I laughed. "Alright let's get it done. Where is the brat?"

"At his locker, all our shit is in the car already."

"Wait how did you-"

"I know where you put your keys as well. Fortunately I was able to take it from your bag before this class." She said putting it in my hand

"Wallet."

"Hmm?"

"Astrid I know you have it."

"How-"

"Cause you always take that with my keys." She pulled out a 5 and handed it to me.

"I'll take you both 4th block."

"Fine." She said skipping away.

-------
I opened the door to the roof and quickly heard foot steps. Crap. I hid under the bench in a failed attempt to not get caught."

"Listen Richie.... I don't think you understand."

"Oh I understand pleanty."

This is my favorite time of the day. Daily drama.

"What's happening today?" Some one asked above me.

Barrett glanced down with his shitty stubble. Barrett was a senior. Well a super senior. He didn't graduate the year he was supposed to and now has to redo senior year. I don't know much about him since he keeps to himself. He had a hispanic appearance and kept his curly black hair from getting nappy

"I just got up here idiot."

"I will smack the blond from off your head."

"You probably could. After all you are a SUPER senior." I laughed.

He chuckled helping up up to the ledge. "Where are the other two?"

"Percy and Andre? They are actually working on classes."

"Shouldn't you be?" I wondered

"I only didn't pass Health sophmore year. Ill live with a few extra classes flunked."

"Alena, I'm sick and tired of you defending everyone. Let me live."

"You are just a horrible person in general-"

Barrett and I immediately sat up. He smacked her. Crap. We looked at each other wondering if we should help.

I want to. It's just not our place..... I feel bad now. I hopped down and socked Richie. "Who the hell do you think you are."

"You don't put your hands on a girl. Especially one who loves you?"

"Zach what the fuck are you doing?" Barrett hissed.

"Get Alena to her class" I said watching Richie get off the floor. This big dude doesn't scare me. It only scares me that he knows my friends and family. I watched them go and left myself.

I wasn't trying to get expelled. What if I accidentally kill him. That wouldn't look good on my permanent record.

"Don't hurt him...."

"Wasn't planning on it." I said shooing her.

I should fight him with the strength, I have to, but without charging my body, I will surely lose. I can't just randomly have glowing blue eyes. In front some civilian. Even if he's a little dunder head. I gave him one more punch for good measure and ran away.

"Bye Richie!!"