Chapter 18: Time to be a Big Boy

Night fell onto our city. The darkness was blanketed over the busy and loud city of Astmeld. We darted down towards the warehouse. The only light that was helping us see was me charging up. The blue illuminated the both of us. I glanced towards Clone who was whispering under her breath and shaking. Her body was glowing purple. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before.

I grabbed her hand and stopped charging. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. "What ever happens I got your back." I smiled.

"We get as many hostages as we can, then we out." She returned the hug and clutched onto my shirt. We dropped down and entered the door. We slowly shuffled inside. I took a deep breath as we began to rush towards the sleeping Richie.

I kept look out while Venus attempted to get him out. I heard her mutter to herself and take a deep breath. She was about to make a choice. She hit a button and I felt a burst of warm gas embrace my back as the pod opened.

She cursed quietly. I turned as she was under a sleeping naked Richie. She squirmed out and wiped off her costume. She went towards the secret door and opened it. She went inside as I waited outside. I heard her walk down the stairs.

"Zach!" A familiar voice cracked.

"Astrid?" I yelled.

"Zach?" Astrid ran out of the corner. "Where is dad?" She started crying as she ran towards me.

I gave her a hug. It felt nice for a moment. Then I heard something drag. I felt a sharp pain in my side. I hissed and winced. I pushed Astrid off of me as my vision blurred. I could see one thing clearly. A black sludge removing its self from me. I started to stumble and braced the wall.

"I got Alena" Venus yelled. I tried to speak but my breath was taken. The sludge changed into a form of me. "Alright Clone, hurry up. We have places to be" The fake laughed.

The fake pushed me to the wall and I blacked out.

---------------------

I woke up with a pounding in my head. My side was throbbing. I looked at the black cut that was reaching to my chest. I struggled to get up. I used the wall as a leverage. I took a few deep breaths.

"Venus?" I yelled remembering that she came with me. Alena and Richie are gone. I slid down the stairs towards the room Eneas was found in. Nothing.....

I went back upstairs and groaned. "Finally.... You are awake."

My sister dropped from the opening in the ceiling. The roof was broken open.

"The hell did you do to my sister." I glared.

"DNA samples." She shrugged. She went onto the roof quickly expecting me to follow. I charged and jumped straight up.

I threw a few punches which she all dodged. She whipped at my cut and caused me to buckle. I threw another punch and it went inside her. She looked at me pained, then smiled as she grabbed me and tossed me. I flew back down into the hole. I before I dropped I blasted a few shots and landed in a couple of boxes. I bounced back up and found her burned. The gooey exterior she had, now opened blotches of harden clay. The monster pulled out the blocks and threw it to the ground.

We stared at each other for a long time. I lunged at her but he face and body changed quickly. Venus put her hands up to flinch.

"Oh god- where is she." I snapped. "What did you do with her?!"

"Turns out my throw is pretty good...." She said dodging the question. The real Venus was pulled out from a corner of a building. The fake jumped holding the real one as well as two others. Richie and Alena.